- 11 hrs ago KTM Bicycles Launched In India By AlphaVector: Prices Start At Rs 30,000
- 12 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate With Swift & Baleno
- 12 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Year-End Discounts In December 2020: Benefits Up To Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 13 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: Hero MotoCorp Registers 14.4% Growth In Yearly Sales
- Technology Upcoming Smartphones Expected In December 2020: Nokia, Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, OPPO, Lenovo And More
- News GHMC election result 2020: Counting to begin at 8am today
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 December 3 Highlights: Jasmin Gets Into Ugly Spats With Eijaz & Rubina; Abhinav Becomes The Second Finalist
- Sports Hosts Italy draw Spain, France to face Belgium in Nations League finals
- Education CSIR NET Answer Key June 2020 Released, Challenge Before December 5
- Lifestyle Ischemic Stroke Patient Saved By Combination Of Three Complicated Medical Procedures
- Finance SBI's YONO App Hit By System Outage
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
The Italian police department recently used their Lamborghini supercar to transport a kidney to a hospital. The italian police used the supercar to complete the 500 kilometre journey between a northern town of Padova to Rome in just 2 hours, which otherwise would take over 6 hours to complete.
The police department shared the video on their social channels, which since then has gone viral. The video also came with a caption, which translated to English, reads, "Thanks to our @Lamborghini Huracan, we transported the kidney of a donor in time for transplantation to a person. "To save a life you don't need superpowers" solidarity, technology and efficiency also help."
The Huracan supercar used was reportedly gifted to the Italian police by Lamborghini themselves, back in 2015.
The Lamborghini Huracan in the Italian police fleet is said to be used for occasions like this, where urgent and high-priority transportation of organs, plasmas, vaccines is required. The supercar is also said to come fitted with a special coolbox at the front boot space, which keeps the organs safe when being transported.
Talking about the supercar itself, the Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 comes powered by a 5.2-litre naturally-aspirated V10 engine. It produces 602bhp at 8000rpm and 560Nm of peak torque at 6500rpm. The supercar is capable of reaching a top speed of 202mph (325kmph), which allowed it to be used for the high-priority medical requirement.
The Lamborghini Huracan used by the Italian police department comes with a special Blue and White livery, with ‘Polizia' stickering all around. The Huracan also comes with the siren lights on top. The car as mentioned above is used for medical requirements like this and isn't used for high-speed crime chase. The Polizia Huracan is showcased at various events and car shows as well.
Thoughts On The Lamborghini Huracan Delivering A Kidney 500Kms Away In Just 2 Hours
It is interesting to see a supercar such as the Lamborghini Huracan being used for transporting organs. However, it does make sense considering the power and performance capabilities of the supercar.