- 2 hrs ago KTM 1290 Super Duke Sells Out: 500 Units Of The Limited-Edition Motorcycle Sold In Just 48 Minutes
- 2 hrs ago Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Across India: State-Wise Numbers!
- 17 hrs ago Steelbird BRAT Series Of Helmets Launched In India: Developed In Association With Blauer
- 19 hrs ago Hyundai Car Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh On Select Models
- Sports IPL 2021, RCB vs KKR Match 10 Live Updates: Kolkata Knight Riders eager to tame Royal Challengers Bangalore
- News Over 12 crore doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in 92 days in India
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: Rajeev Hanu Wins The ‘Golden Pass,’ Gains Advantage Of Having Immunity From Nominations
- Finance 7 Best MidCap Mutual Funds That Gave up to 60% Returns in 1 year
- Lifestyle Lakshmi Manchu Gives Us Two Stunning Saree Goals; Which One Will You Pick?
- Technology Dogecoin And Its Rising Popularity Explained: How And Where To Buy Dogecoins?
- Education Bangalore University UG And PG Exams Postponed Indefinitely
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
The Italian police department recently used their Lamborghini supercar to transport a kidney to a hospital. The italian police used the supercar to complete the 500 kilometre journey between a northern town of Padova to Rome in just 2 hours, which otherwise would take over 6 hours to complete.
The police department shared the video on their social channels, which since then has gone viral. The video also came with a caption, which translated to English, reads, "Thanks to our @Lamborghini Huracan, we transported the kidney of a donor in time for transplantation to a person. "To save a life you don't need superpowers" solidarity, technology and efficiency also help."
The Huracan supercar used was reportedly gifted to the Italian police by Lamborghini themselves, back in 2015.
The Lamborghini Huracan in the Italian police fleet is said to be used for occasions like this, where urgent and high-priority transportation of organs, plasmas, vaccines is required. The supercar is also said to come fitted with a special coolbox at the front boot space, which keeps the organs safe when being transported.
Talking about the supercar itself, the Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 comes powered by a 5.2-litre naturally-aspirated V10 engine. It produces 602bhp at 8000rpm and 560Nm of peak torque at 6500rpm. The supercar is capable of reaching a top speed of 202mph (325kmph), which allowed it to be used for the high-priority medical requirement.
The Lamborghini Huracan used by the Italian police department comes with a special Blue and White livery, with ‘Polizia' stickering all around. The Huracan also comes with the siren lights on top. The car as mentioned above is used for medical requirements like this and isn't used for high-speed crime chase. The Polizia Huracan is showcased at various events and car shows as well.
Thoughts On The Lamborghini Huracan Delivering A Kidney 500Kms Away In Just 2 Hours
It is interesting to see a supercar such as the Lamborghini Huracan being used for transporting organs. However, it does make sense considering the power and performance capabilities of the supercar.