- 1 hr ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder - Features, Safety, Powertrain, Variants, Warranty, Price & More
- 1 hr ago New Standards For Tyres In India: Government Regulations For Wet Grip, Rolling Resistance & More
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Sales Rise By 59% Y-o-Y In June 2022
- 10 hrs ago 2022 Hyundai Venue Vs 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza - Which New Sub-4m SUV Should You Buy?
- Sports Adriano Moraes looking forward to legacy-defining rematch with Demetrious Johnson at ONE 161
- News Udaipur murder: Did Centre transfer Kanhaiya Lal case to NIA to hide this, asks Congress
- Movies Mani Ratnam's Ponniyin Selvan To Hit The Big Screens In Two Instalments
- Lifestyle 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- Finance Geojit Is Bullish On This Mid-Cap Banking Stock, Sees 21% Upside
- Education FMGE Result 2022 Declared For June Session At natboard.edu.in, Here’s How To Download
- Technology Nokia T10 Tablet Clears FCC Listing With 5100mAh Battery
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
A Hyundai Creta found itself in the sea at Goa's Vagator beach after a couple of tourists from Delhi decided to take it on joyride at the tourist spot.
With the Monsoon in full swing, Goa's beaches are a lot less crowded and it would seem a couple of tourists from Delhi decided to take advantage of the situation. The couple drove a Hyundai Creta rented from local vendors onto Vagator beach for a bit of 'fun' on the sands of the beach.
Various videos circulating about the incident show the Creta being driven on the flooded beach in circles as the tourists from the national capital 'enjoyed' their times at the Goan beach.
However, it would seem that the driver's belief in his skills in the end got the better of the duo from Delhi as the unfortunate Creta found itself nose down in the sea at Vagator beach. Despite all the efforts of those in the SUV, and others around to extricate the Creta from the sea, the Hyundai SUV remained jammed in the sea.
The Goa Police caught wind of the incident at Vagator beach and swooped in to catch the culprits. The unfortunate Creta was seized and the driver who was later identified by the cops as Lalit Kumar Dayal was arrested for his antics with the Creta.
According to the IANS news agency, cases have been registered under sections 279 (Rash driving or riding on a public way) and 336 (Act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian penal code. The police have also submitted a report against the Creta owner at the local RTO with regards to the incident.
The SUV seen in the video is a current-gen Hyundai Creta SX which is offered with a 1.5-litre petrol engine and a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On the Incident With The Creta In Goa
The incident with the Creta at Vagator beach is yet another case of talent not matching the overconfidence of the person with the leaden foot. The fact that the weather so stormy when this latest bit of lunacy started should have put a stop to it. However, as everyone now knows this incident occurred which resulted in the Creta ending up nose down in the sinking sands with seawater all around. If the person who owns the car ever gets it back, a new engine may just be the least of their worries.
Hopefully this incident and the response of the cops will ensure that such scenes are not repeated again anytime soon. However, knowing the craziness that is our nation's roads we can't really be sure. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope the next inevitable burst of lunacy doesn't happen.