- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Monsoon advances into parts of Haryana, Punjab ahead of schedule
- Sports Mankad among 10 ICC Hall of Fame special inductees ahead of WTC final
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
India's first hydrogen-powered three-wheeler using low-pressure storage technology is being developed in the country. The development project is led by Pune-based h2e Power Systems along with Canada-based Hydrogen in Motion company under the Indo-Canadian program funded by GITA.
h2e Power Systems aims to launch the hydrogen fuel cell-powered three-wheeler as a low-cost product offering in the Indian market. The company will be using PEM Fuel Cell & innovative Hydrogen Cylinders to develop the nation's first integrated hydrogen fuel cell-powered three-wheeler.
According to the company, the hydrogen three-wheeler concept is primarily targeted for inter-city transportation. This includes both public and goods transport. The hydrogen three-wheeler will feature h2e's fuel cell technology with a low pressure (50bar) Hydrogen Cylinder to store the fuel.
The low-pressure Hydrogen Cylinder technology has been developed by Hydrogen in Motion, Canada. Because of this technology, the zero-emission hydrogen three-wheeler can be priced competitively against other ICE and battery-powered vehicles.
Images are for representation purposeHydrogen-powered vehicles have huge advantages over other zero-emission vehicles. While battery-powered vehicles need to be charged, the hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles have an onboard electricity generation technology, that charges the battery on the move.
Mr Sidharth R Mayur, Founder & Managing Director, h2e Power Systems, said, "India is on the cusp of a big e-Mobility revolution, and we are moving fast from fossil-based mobility to batteries and Hydrogen. We are already producing Green Hydrogen from our Electrolysers and now developing a 3-Wheeler concept for inter-city public and goods transport using Green Hydrogen.
We are thankful to GITA for their support of this novel idea, which has promised to amplify the Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) concept in India. h2e, again, is at the forefront of the Hydrogen road map in India. There couldn't be a better message to give to the world than a Zero Emission Vehicle on World Environment Day."
Ms Grace Quan, CEO, Hydrogen In Motion, said, "India is a natural market for our low-pressure high-density swappable Hydrogen tanks H2M technology can be instrumental in Hydrogen Fuel Cell adoption and address India's energy needs with zero-emission technology. Our partnership with h2e is the beginning of a rollout of a diversity of products and applications in motive and stationary fields with our combined Hydrogen products."
Mr Amarnath Chakradeo, Co-Founder & Executive Director, h2e Power Systems, said, "The high-pressure storage tanks always added to the challenges on the use of Hydrogen in mobility, both on cost and integration. With the innovative metal Hydrite Cylinders, we will bring down the cost of storage substantially and provide a higher mileage to the 3-Wheeler owner & a better ROI".
Thoughts About The Hydrogen-Powered Three-Wheeler Under Development By H2E Power Systems
The hydrogen fuel cell technology in vehicles is still at a nascent stage in India. The technology is also not easily accessible because of its complexities. However, h2e aims to change this and make hydrogen fuel cell technology affordable and accessible in the country.