- 19 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 24 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 24 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Movies Raj Kundra Case: Mumbai Police Find Hidden Cupboard In Businessman's Andheri Office
- News Video of Groom with laptop at mandap goes viral. Bride’s reaction leaves netizens in splits
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Indian shooting contingent draws blank for second day running, rifle scores worrying
- Finance Top 10 Banks Promising Best Interest Rates On Recurring Deposits In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Gran Turismo is now an official Olympic-sanctioned event. The Playstation exclusive game, Gran Turismo will become a part of the first-ever virtual Olympic series. The virtual Olympics will also include other virtual sports like baseball, sailing, cycling and rowing.
This is a proud moment for the people behind Sony Playstation as Gran Turismo is the only motorsport game selected to represent racing in the Olympic Virtual series. Gran Turismo was first introduced in 1997 and it is recognised as a pioneer in racing simulation games.
The game was recognised by FIA in 2018 as the franchise has been running competitive e-tournaments for a long time. The Olympic Virtual series is scheduled to start by 13 May 2021 and end by 23 June 2021.
The new Virtual Olympics is a great platform for the Olympics to attract a younger audience and offers them a platform to represent their country in gaming. For the upcoming Olympic Virtual series, the International Olympic Committee will partner with five international sporting federations and game publishers.
The inclusion of Gran Turismo in the Olympic Virtual series comes as a surprise to many people around the world as the real motorsports events themselves are not part of Olympic Sport. All the participants around the globe will join virtually on the respective gaming platforms.
Participants can even join in from their houses which is a positive move considering the tough pandemic situations around the globe. The fans can engage in this Olympic Virtual series through the Olympic Channel.
Thoughts On Gran Turismo Becoming A Part Of The Official Olympic Virtual Series
The Olympic Virtual series will lend an opportunity to many gamers to represent many young-aspiring kids. It is also a great moment for some to represent their country and will bring a greater number of viewers into the Olympics.