- 3 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 4 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 5 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3: Dimpal Bhal Is Back; The Mohanlal Show To Get An Extension?
- News Thane: Pet turtle dies after falling from 20th floor, owner booked
- Sports IPL 2021: When Kuldeep Yadav felt he wasn't the same bowler he used to be
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Gran Turismo is now an official Olympic-sanctioned event. The Playstation exclusive game, Gran Turismo will become a part of the first-ever virtual Olympic series. The virtual Olympics will also include other virtual sports like baseball, sailing, cycling and rowing.
This is a proud moment for the people behind Sony Playstation as Gran Turismo is the only motorsport game selected to represent racing in the Olympic Virtual series. Gran Turismo was first introduced in 1997 and it is recognised as a pioneer in racing simulation games.
The game was recognised by FIA in 2018 as the franchise has been running competitive e-tournaments for a long time. The Olympic Virtual series is scheduled to start by 13 May 2021 and end by 23 June 2021.
The new Virtual Olympics is a great platform for the Olympics to attract a younger audience and offers them a platform to represent their country in gaming. For the upcoming Olympic Virtual series, the International Olympic Committee will partner with five international sporting federations and game publishers.
The inclusion of Gran Turismo in the Olympic Virtual series comes as a surprise to many people around the world as the real motorsports events themselves are not part of Olympic Sport. All the participants around the globe will join virtually on the respective gaming platforms.
Participants can even join in from their houses which is a positive move considering the tough pandemic situations around the globe. The fans can engage in this Olympic Virtual series through the Olympic Channel.
Thoughts On Gran Turismo Becoming A Part Of The Official Olympic Virtual Series
The Olympic Virtual series will lend an opportunity to many gamers to represent many young-aspiring kids. It is also a great moment for some to represent their country and will bring a greater number of viewers into the Olympics.