- 2 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 3 hrs ago TVS ARIVE App: An Augmented Reality Experience For Apache Customers: Here Are The Details!
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Expands Sales & Service Network Ahead Of Magnite Launch: Here Are The Details!
- News 'Does it behave a CM to make such utterances': Tejashwi slams Nitish during Bihar assembly
- Movies Himanshi Khurana Gets Emotional As She Celebrates Her Birthday; Thanks Asim Riaz, Her Family & Team For The Surprise
- Sports Premier Badminton League: PBL Season 6 postponed due to Covid 19 pandemic
- Technology BSNL Installs 85,000 New FTTH Connections In October
- Lifestyle Richa Chadha Wows Us With Her Two Stunning Outfits; Find Out The Details
- Finance Railways Launches New Online System For Employees To Check PF Balance, Apply For Advance
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Google Maps has added new features that help users stay safe amid the Covid-19 pandemic. The new features are available across multiple regions and countries including India. The new features makes Google Maps more efficient to users across the world considering countries are slowly re-opening for business.
Google has added three major features to Maps in order to help users stay safe. The first, called Transit Alerts, sends users information and notifications from local agencies about the status of public transport in a given area.
Notifications alert users about Covid-19 related travel information and restrictions like the need to use face masks and other safety requirement of a given area, allowing users to plan their trips accordingly.
This feature is currently available in India, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, France, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
The second feature that has been added on Google Maps is for those who use their own modes of transport, and for those who use cabs. This feature offer alerts about checkpoints and restrictions along the chosen route, including when crossing national borders. Currently available at Canada, Mexico, and the United States, users get these alerts on the vehicle's navigation screen.
The third feature, and possibly the most important one, has been added for those travelling to hospitals, and or Covid-19 testing and screening centers. The new feature reminds users to verify their eligibility and give them facility guidelines.
The new features for hospitals is currently available only in Israel, Indonesia, the Philippines, South Korea, and the United States. Alerts for Coronavirus testing and screening centers is currently available only in the US.
To be able to use the new features, all one has to do is either download the Google Maps application (available at the App Store and Play Store for iOS and Android) or update the application that is already installed.
In related news, Google Inc. has reportedly reached out to Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan to lend his voice for Google Maps based navigation in India. The voice one hear at the moment is that of Karen Jacobsen, an Australia-born New York-based entertainer. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The New Features On Google Maps
These are excellent additions to Google Maps. Most folk are unaware of the current on-ground situations, and are unaware of containment zones in any given area. The new features will help users be more aware about public transport, routes, and hospital requirements. Thank you Google!