- 13 hrs ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- 17 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
- 1 day ago Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- 1 day ago Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Oct 21 Highlights: Shamita & Nishant Get Into Huge Argument; Jay Objects To Losing Price Money
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Lifestyle What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
The Fast & Furious Toyota Supra has been sold for USD 550,000, which amounts to almost Rs 4.07Crore. The car was auctioned in Las Vegas and fetched this big amount. The Toyota Supra in question was previously driven by Paul Walker in both the first and second editions of the Fast and Furious franchise.
As expected, this particular Toyota Supra covered in acid orange paint sold for a remarkable price tag. One of the reasons for it to attract such a price is because this particular Supra has become the face of Japanese import cars globally.
This particular car also carries an emotional connection to Paul Walker and therefore his millions of fans around the world. The actor had used many other cars like the Subaru Impreza and Nissan GT-R in each instalment of the Fast and Furious franchise, but it was this acid orange Supra that fans most associate the character with.
In the Fast and Furious franchise, this car has been depicted as a'10-second car', capable of running the quarter mile in under 10 seconds. In reality though, this houses an almost stock 3.0-litre, Inline-6-cylinder engine and is paired with the stock 4-speed automatic gearbox.
Well, if this is confusing you as you remember Paul Walker shifting through gears manually in the movie, you are not wrong. The shifting through the many gears manually, was a clever movie trick used to engage the audience.
In terms of styling, the standout body parts include a Bomex body kit, TRD-style bonnet, APR aluminium rear spoiler, and a set of 19-inch Dazz Motorsport Racing Hart M5 wheels. This iconic Supra was built by Eddie Paul at The Shark Shop in El Segundo, California.
The car was brought back to its iconic form by the builder itself after the second edition demanded slight modifications. The auction was held by the Barret-Jackson Auction Company and this particular car was placed in the ‘no reserve price' criteria.
After receiving several bids, the iconic Toyota Supra sold for $550,000. This makes it the most expensive Toyota Supra in the world.
Thoughts On Brian O'Conner's Toyota Supra Becoming The Most Expensive Supra
A few days earlier, we had written about the famous Toyota Supra being auctioned. We expected this particular Toyota Supra driven by Paul Walker to go for a huge sum, and $550,000 is a huge sum indeed.