- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 15 hrs ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 17 hrs ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 18 hrs ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Sports West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 3 Highlights: Kohli and Rahane secure big India lead on day three
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Promo OUT! Salman Khan Announces BIG TWIST; Reveals This Season Will Be ‘Tedha’!
- Technology Vodafone Re-introduces Rs. 20 Plan With 28 Days Validity
- News My dear friend Arun has left, says emotional Modi in Bahrain
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Three: Gaurang’s Latest Collection Is About Paithanis
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Delhi police have launched an e-challan and e-payment system, which will allow the people who break traffic rules to pay their fines online. This was recently reported by Livemint.
The e-challan system was launched with 1,000 hand-held Android-based devices, which are 4G compliant and have biometric identification and digital payment features. The device features a fully integrated software which will help the citizens login securely at their convenience and clear off all their due fines with proof of payment in their daily routine.
The e-challan and the e-payment gateway was launched by Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik along with Special CP (Traffic) Taj Hassan and DG (NIC) Neeta Verma. However, this new system will help reduce traffic violations and improve the driving standards of the city.
If someone has broken a law or has done a traffic violation, an SMS notification will be sent to the violators with details of the violation. People who are from other states and have been fined in Delhi can also pay online.
According to the police officers, the devices will be GPS enabled to track locations of challan officers and violators. Moreover, the camera violation app is also connected to the e-challan system, so that the data is updated regularly and sent to NIC immediately.
The new e-challan and e-payment device is capable of accepting digilocker-compliant documents, through which it will be a hassle-free interaction for the people. If any document is missing or not complete the person will be penalized on the spot.
It has been reported that 6,03,503 e-challans were issued during the testing phase and a total of Rs. 9.5 crore in fines was collected. The project has been commissioned for 3 years and could get an extension if it becomes the need of the hour.
Thoughts On The New Challan Payment System
With the introduction of this new system, we hope that people become more aware and conscious before breaking or violating any traffic rules in the near future. If they do so, they will have to face the consequences which will be in the form of huge fines.