- A Ferrari Crashed In Kolkata — Driver Dead, Passenger Severely Injured
- Speeding Tata Nexon Accident: Hits An Electric Pole — Passengers Escape Unhurt
- Maruti Swift Accident Caused By Husband & Wife Fight — Four Dead!
- A Tata Sumo Gets Into An Accident In Ghaziabad — Seven Killed Due To A Small Error
- Accident Video Shows Why You Should Slow Down Near Junctions On Highways
- Self-Driving Uber Car Crashes In Arizona — Kills Pedestrian
Moin Shaikh, a well known Ducati rider in the city of Ahmedabad, Gujarat and the Assistant Sales Manager at Ducati - Motonova dealership in the city passed away after he crashed his 959 Panigale during a Republic Day ride.
(Caution Disturbing Images)
Mr Shaikh's who was accompanying other Ducati riders during a ride on Republic day was killed after his bike rammed into a buffalo at high speed.
The buffalo had been walking on the median had suddenly jumped onto the road leaving Mr Shaikh no time to react. Unfortunately for Mr Shaikh and the bovine, the crash cost them their lives.
However, unlike reports being spread on Facebook, a few members of the riding group stayed at the site with Mr Shaikh's body as an ambulance and later on the police arrived to do all the necessary formalities.
The rest of the riding group then went on a bit ahead to avoid all the attention that follows a herd of superbikes around. Many then dispersed to the Ducati Showroom where Mr Shaikh worked and to the victim's house to inform the family of the tragedy.
Our condolences go the family of Mr Shaikh at this time as we too mourn the loss of another rider to the unpredictability of India's roads.
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The Ducati Crash On Republic Day
On the day the nation celebrated 58 years of becoming a republic, a high-speed crash and the improper use of safety equipment ended the life of a well-known rider from Ahmedabad. While we mourn the loss of another rider, the crash once again reminds us to keep safety as the foremost thing on our minds while out on roads. Ride Safe.