- 12 min ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 1 hr ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Model-Wise Car Sales Report For November 2020: Here Are The Details!
- 2 hrs ago New Toyota-Maruti Suzuki SUV Coming Soon: To Rival The Hyundai Creta & Kia Seltos
- News GHMC Election Result 2020: Will Hyderabad be called Bhagyanagar
- Finance Travel Stocks Zoom Up To 16% On Covid 19 Vaccine Optimism
- Technology Oppo Reno5 Tipped To Feature Luminous Materials To Enhance Recognition
- Sports Top 5 main-event contender matches for WWE Wrestlemania 37
- Lifestyle Plant-based/Vegan Milk For Babies: Is It Healthy? Can It Aid Child’s Development?
- Movies Akshay Kumar Gets Go-Ahead To Shoot Ram Setu In Ayodhya After Meeting UP CM Yogi Adityanath?
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
The Indian Railways recently introduced a new semi high-speed double-decker train coach. The brand new double-decker coach is said to have been developed by RCF (Rail Coach Factory), Kapurthala and can run at a top speed of 160km/h.
As per the information released by RCF (Kapurthala) and the Indian Railways, the new double-decker train coach is said to be capable of carrying 120 passengers. This includes 50 passengers on the upper deck and 48 passengers at the lower deck.
The train also has a middle deck at the back of the coach, which further has space to accommodate 22 more passengers, with 16 seats on one side and remaining 6 seats on the other.
As per the Indian Railways, the double-decker train coach has been innovated and developed indigenously by Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala. The coach will be sent to the Research & Design Standard Organisation (RSDO) which will conduct safety trials before the coach can be put to commercial use.
The Indian Railways has also released a video, which showcases the many features the double-decker coach will offer. The video showcases the double-decker coach with optimised aisle width, plush interior seats with recline function, overhead luggage racks and LED destination board. The coach also comes with passenger-centric features such as GPS-based information system and mobile & laptop charging sockets.
The double-decker train coaches also come with common areas, such as a mini pantry area. Also, the doors separating each of the areas use an automatic sliding mechanism.
The coach also uses an air suspension system, which ensures passengers get a comfortable ride, while also reaching their destinations faster. The double-decker coach also has an air-conditioned cabin for added passenger comfort.
Thoughts On The Double-Decker Train Coach By RCF, Kapurthala
RCF, Kapurthala is said to be one of the only units in the country to manufacture double-decker coaches. These double-decker coaches will soon start being used for commercial use, which will help elevate the comfort levels of passengers, especially for those travelling long distances.