- 2 hrs ago Kia Motors Release First Official Images Of Its Upcoming EV6: Here Are The Details!
- 3 hrs ago Citroen C3 Aircross Spid Testing Without Wraps: Here Are The Details!
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar SUV Spotted Testing Once Again: Here's Everything You Need To Know
- 5 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Offers Up To Rs 75,000 Available In March 2021: Here Are The Details!
- News Maharashtra Assembly: COVID-19 norms ignored as Opposition MLAs gather to protest
- Movies Shweta Tiwari Has A Strong Message For Those Who Suffer Domestic Abuse; Hopes Her Experience Acts As Guidepost
- Sports IPL 2021: Dock money of England cricketers who prefer IPL over national duty: Boycott
- Technology Mi Neckband Bluetooth Earphones Pro Review: Democratizing ANC For The Price-Conscious
- Lifestyle Roohi Promotions: Janhvi Kapoor’s Minimal Pink Make-Up Look Is All You Need To Copy To Get Ready In 5 Minutes
- Finance Attention Traders: Sebi Updates Framework on Unique Client Code, PAN
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021: How To Check BSEB Result At bsebstet2019.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The Indian Railways recently introduced a new semi high-speed double-decker train coach. The brand new double-decker coach is said to have been developed by RCF (Rail Coach Factory), Kapurthala and can run at a top speed of 160km/h.
As per the information released by RCF (Kapurthala) and the Indian Railways, the new double-decker train coach is said to be capable of carrying 120 passengers. This includes 50 passengers on the upper deck and 48 passengers at the lower deck.
The train also has a middle deck at the back of the coach, which further has space to accommodate 22 more passengers, with 16 seats on one side and remaining 6 seats on the other.
As per the Indian Railways, the double-decker train coach has been innovated and developed indigenously by Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala. The coach will be sent to the Research & Design Standard Organisation (RSDO) which will conduct safety trials before the coach can be put to commercial use.
The Indian Railways has also released a video, which showcases the many features the double-decker coach will offer. The video showcases the double-decker coach with optimised aisle width, plush interior seats with recline function, overhead luggage racks and LED destination board. The coach also comes with passenger-centric features such as GPS-based information system and mobile & laptop charging sockets.
The double-decker train coaches also come with common areas, such as a mini pantry area. Also, the doors separating each of the areas use an automatic sliding mechanism.
The coach also uses an air suspension system, which ensures passengers get a comfortable ride, while also reaching their destinations faster. The double-decker coach also has an air-conditioned cabin for added passenger comfort.
Thoughts On The Double-Decker Train Coach By RCF, Kapurthala
RCF, Kapurthala is said to be one of the only units in the country to manufacture double-decker coaches. These double-decker coaches will soon start being used for commercial use, which will help elevate the comfort levels of passengers, especially for those travelling long distances.