- 39 min ago Best-Selling Cars In India For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate With Swift & Baleno
- 47 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Year-End Discounts In December 2020: Benefits Up To Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: Hero MotoCorp Registers 14.4% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 2 hrs ago Honda Car Discounts & Year-End Offers: Benefits Of Up To Rs 2.5 Lakh Offered On Select Models
- Technology Vivo Y51 Officially Announced; Features Design Identical To X50 Series
- News Farmers’ groups end discussions with Centre, next meeting on Dec 5
- Movies Sana Saeed On Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: It Never Felt Like ‘Oh My God, You Are Working With Shah Rukh Khan’
- Education CSIR NET Answer Key June 2020 Released, Challenge Before December 5
- Lifestyle Ischemic Stroke Patient Saved By Combination Of Three Complicated Medical Procedures
- Sports Everyone is really excited for what is to come for Indian hockey: Defender Jarmanpreet Singh
- Finance SBI's YONO App Hit By System Outage
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
The Indian Railways recently introduced a new semi high-speed double-decker train coach. The brand new double-decker coach is said to have been developed by RCF (Rail Coach Factory), Kapurthala and can run at a top speed of 160km/h.
As per the information released by RCF (Kapurthala) and the Indian Railways, the new double-decker train coach is said to be capable of carrying 120 passengers. This includes 50 passengers on the upper deck and 48 passengers at the lower deck.
The train also has a middle deck at the back of the coach, which further has space to accommodate 22 more passengers, with 16 seats on one side and remaining 6 seats on the other.
As per the Indian Railways, the double-decker train coach has been innovated and developed indigenously by Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala. The coach will be sent to the Research & Design Standard Organisation (RSDO) which will conduct safety trials before the coach can be put to commercial use.
The Indian Railways has also released a video, which showcases the many features the double-decker coach will offer. The video showcases the double-decker coach with optimised aisle width, plush interior seats with recline function, overhead luggage racks and LED destination board. The coach also comes with passenger-centric features such as GPS-based information system and mobile & laptop charging sockets.
The double-decker train coaches also come with common areas, such as a mini pantry area. Also, the doors separating each of the areas use an automatic sliding mechanism.
The coach also uses an air suspension system, which ensures passengers get a comfortable ride, while also reaching their destinations faster. The double-decker coach also has an air-conditioned cabin for added passenger comfort.
Thoughts On The Double-Decker Train Coach By RCF, Kapurthala
RCF, Kapurthala is said to be one of the only units in the country to manufacture double-decker coaches. These double-decker coaches will soon start being used for commercial use, which will help elevate the comfort levels of passengers, especially for those travelling long distances.