- 3 hrs ago KTM 1290 Super Duke Sells Out: 500 Units Of The Limited-Edition Motorcycle Sold In Just 48 Minutes
- 3 hrs ago Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Across India: State-Wise Numbers!
- 17 hrs ago Steelbird BRAT Series Of Helmets Launched In India: Developed In Association With Blauer
- 20 hrs ago Hyundai Car Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh On Select Models
- Lifestyle What Happens To Your Body When You're Not Eating Enough Vegetables?
- Movies Tujhse Hai Raabta, Hamari Wali Good News, Qurbaan Hua – Major Changes In Zee TV Programming Line Up?
- Sports UFC Vegas 24 results: Robert Whittaker puts on master class in victory over Kelvin Gastelum
- News Over 12 crore doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in 92 days in India
- Finance 7 Best MidCap Mutual Funds That Gave up to 60% Returns in 1 year
- Technology Dogecoin And Its Rising Popularity Explained: How And Where To Buy Dogecoins?
- Education Bangalore University UG And PG Exams Postponed Indefinitely
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
The Indian Railways recently introduced a new semi high-speed double-decker train coach. The brand new double-decker coach is said to have been developed by RCF (Rail Coach Factory), Kapurthala and can run at a top speed of 160km/h.
As per the information released by RCF (Kapurthala) and the Indian Railways, the new double-decker train coach is said to be capable of carrying 120 passengers. This includes 50 passengers on the upper deck and 48 passengers at the lower deck.
The train also has a middle deck at the back of the coach, which further has space to accommodate 22 more passengers, with 16 seats on one side and remaining 6 seats on the other.
As per the Indian Railways, the double-decker train coach has been innovated and developed indigenously by Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala. The coach will be sent to the Research & Design Standard Organisation (RSDO) which will conduct safety trials before the coach can be put to commercial use.
The Indian Railways has also released a video, which showcases the many features the double-decker coach will offer. The video showcases the double-decker coach with optimised aisle width, plush interior seats with recline function, overhead luggage racks and LED destination board. The coach also comes with passenger-centric features such as GPS-based information system and mobile & laptop charging sockets.
The double-decker train coaches also come with common areas, such as a mini pantry area. Also, the doors separating each of the areas use an automatic sliding mechanism.
The coach also uses an air suspension system, which ensures passengers get a comfortable ride, while also reaching their destinations faster. The double-decker coach also has an air-conditioned cabin for added passenger comfort.
Thoughts On The Double-Decker Train Coach By RCF, Kapurthala
RCF, Kapurthala is said to be one of the only units in the country to manufacture double-decker coaches. These double-decker coaches will soon start being used for commercial use, which will help elevate the comfort levels of passengers, especially for those travelling long distances.