- 6 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 9 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 13 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- Movies Mimi Movie Review: Kriti Sanon Delivers A 'Param Sundar' Performance Which Tugs At Your Heartstrings
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale: Special Discount Offers On New Budget Smartphones
- News Mirabai Chanu created history, entire nation is proud of her: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Mirabai Chanu's medal has inspired the entire nation,' says sports minister Anurag Thakur
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The fastest train in the world is now in China. According to Chinese state media, the country currently has the fastest train in the world with a top speed of 600km/h. With this high-speed train, a journey of 1000 kilometres, or the distance between Beijing to Shanghai would take just 150 minutes. This is a reduction of almost 30 minutes for the same journey via a flight.
Of course, it is a lot faster than other trains, reducing travel time by more than 3 hours when compared to other existing high-speed rail networks. The train used to achieve this feat is also very unique as it doesn't have any wheels. So, technically, the train flies or hovers very close to the ground rather than rolling with the help of wheels.
This is achieved by replacing the wheels and tracks with rows of powerful magnets. These magnets propel the train to move forwards at high speeds while having minimal friction. Since there is barely any friction between the train and the track, it can travel much faster than regular trains.
According to reports, the mag-lev train will bridge the gap between the current high-speed train that runs at around 350km/h, and aircraft that fly at 600kmph. Since the setup involves a unique mechanism involving the use of powerful and precise magnets, the cost is also very high.
Only a few countries like Japan, France, Spain, and South Korea use it. In China, the mag-lev project was initiated in 2016 and within three years, China had already conducted a few rounds of testing.
Thoughts On China Making The Fastest Train In The World
Almost all of the train and its components have been indigenously developed by the Chinese. This is yet another testimony to China's engineering prowess. We certainly see this train bridging the gap between other high-speed trains and aircraft. Pricing for a ticket though, is said to be at a premium.
Image Source: China Xinhua News And China News