- Sports T20 World Cup, El Clasico, F1, MotoGP: The Super Sunday is here again!
- Movies Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Shivangi Joshi Thanks Everyone For Giving Her Finest Memories & Moments
- News COVID-19: Mumbai's R-value drops below 1, showing infection rate declining
- Travel Tamil Nadu's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Finance 2 Public Sector Banks That Revised Their Interest Rates On FD In October 2021
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2021: Aditi Rao Hydari Will Inspire You To Keep It Simple And Not Deck Up Too Much!
- Education Primary Schools To Reopen In Karnataka From October 25, Check Guidelines
- Technology Amazfit GTR 3 Price & Sale Details In India Revealed Via Flipkart
The fastest train in the world is now in China. According to Chinese state media, the country currently has the fastest train in the world with a top speed of 600km/h. With this high-speed train, a journey of 1000 kilometres, or the distance between Beijing to Shanghai would take just 150 minutes. This is a reduction of almost 30 minutes for the same journey via a flight.
Of course, it is a lot faster than other trains, reducing travel time by more than 3 hours when compared to other existing high-speed rail networks. The train used to achieve this feat is also very unique as it doesn't have any wheels. So, technically, the train flies or hovers very close to the ground rather than rolling with the help of wheels.
This is achieved by replacing the wheels and tracks with rows of powerful magnets. These magnets propel the train to move forwards at high speeds while having minimal friction. Since there is barely any friction between the train and the track, it can travel much faster than regular trains.
According to reports, the mag-lev train will bridge the gap between the current high-speed train that runs at around 350km/h, and aircraft that fly at 600kmph. Since the setup involves a unique mechanism involving the use of powerful and precise magnets, the cost is also very high.
Only a few countries like Japan, France, Spain, and South Korea use it. In China, the mag-lev project was initiated in 2016 and within three years, China had already conducted a few rounds of testing.
Thoughts On China Making The Fastest Train In The World
Almost all of the train and its components have been indigenously developed by the Chinese. This is yet another testimony to China's engineering prowess. We certainly see this train bridging the gap between other high-speed trains and aircraft. Pricing for a ticket though, is said to be at a premium.
Image Source: China Xinhua News And China News