- 9 min ago BMW M340i xDrive Bookings Open Ahead Of India Launch: Comes Slideways Ready!
- 1 hr ago TVS Apache RTR 200 Single-Channel ABS Variant Launched With Ride Modes: Prices Start At Rs 1.28 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Omega Seiki Mobility Inaugurates Its First Dealership In Delhi: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago TVS Eurogrip Launches 11 New Tyres In India Catering To Two & Three Wheelers Segment
- Lifestyle Mommy-To-Be Neeti Mohan’s Maternity Closet Is All About Comfy And Stylish Dresses
- Movies Acharya: Ram Charan And Pooja Hegde Start Shooting For A Dance Number
- News TMC candidate list 2021: Emphasis likely to be more on women candidates
- Technology JioOS Explained: Is It A Threat To iOS?
- Sports India vs England 4th Test: Virat Kohli gets dismissed for duck for 12th occasion, claims unwanted record
- Finance PNB Housing Finance Inks Agreement With Yes Bank For Co-Lending
- Education Explore List Of Indian Universities In QS World University Ranking By Subject 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
The Chennai Police Department has found a very unique way of ensuring people living in containment zones in the city are following all the lockdown regulations. The city police have taken the support of multiple entities to build a functional robot, called the 'Robot Cop LD'.
This ‘Robot Cop LD' is the product of a collaboration between three Chennai-based entities: Robothoughts (customised robot builder), Sci-Fi Innovation (builds 3D hologram fans) and Callidai Motorworks (builds motorised wheelchairs).
The four-wheeler is a remote-controlled robot capable of travelling up to a kilometre using wireless connectivity. The robot is being used by the Chennai police by sending it inside containment zones. This allows the police to perform their jobs, without the need of physically entering the zones themselves. This further ensures the elimination of any health risk to any personnel of the city police department.
The four-wheeled robot is able to complete a number of tasks and objectives for the Chennai city police. Some of these include surveillance, ground-level policing and even communication with the locals.
The robot comes mounted with a camera and a two-way intercom system. This allows the police personnel controlling the robot to perform surveillance and make any public announcements necessary. Having a two-way intercom also helps people in these zones communicate with the police for any requirements.
The robot also comes equipped with an LED display, which helps push out messages. The Robot Cop LD is also said to have features like precise steering control. This allows police personnel to control the robot while standing behind the barricade.
The COVID-19 cases in India are still on the rise. The country has already registered over 40,000 confirmed cases, even with India being under lockdown since the 24th of March 2020.The central government recently announced a further extension of the lockdown for 2 more weeks.
However, this time there are a few relaxations in place for areas categorised as either green or orange zones. The areas in the red zones will continue to be under strict lockdown, with minimal movement allowed.
Thoughts About Chennai Police Using Robot Cop LD In Containment Zones
The Robot Cop LD is a very unique way of ensuring the safety and wellbeing of police personnel in charge of looking after containment zones in the city. The robot does all the work for the cops, eliminating the need for any person to enter the containment zones physically.