- 3 min ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 46 min ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- 1 hr ago Ducati Opens New Showroom In Pune: Multistrada V4 Showcased For The First Time In India
- Movies Salman Khan Wishes 'Baba' Sanjay Dutt With Throwback Picture On His Birthday!
- News Uttar Pradesh: PM Modi to interact with beneficiaries of food security scheme on August 5
- Lifestyle August 2021: List Of Indian Festivals Falling In This Month
- Finance 3 High-Rated Aggressive Hybrid Mutual Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A03s India Support Page Goes Live; Hints Imminent Launch
- Sports Havildar Soman Rana, who lost his right leg in mine blast in 2006, to compete in Tokyo Paralympics 2020
- Education Uttar Pradesh: Around 1,70,896 Anganwadi Schools To Get Preschool Kits, Booklets
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
UPDATE: Car rescued from sinkhole in Mumbai. The Hyundai Venue that fell into the sinkhole that appeared in a Mumbai parking lot has been pulled out with the help of a crane. On the outside, it does look like the car has not suffered any major damage. Here is all you need to know about the incident.
The video of the Hyundai Venue falling into the sinkhole and drowning was probably one of the most-shared videos on various different social media platforms on Sunday, 13 June. However, while the video was being shared by tens of thousands, it seems like the owner of the vehicle was busy trying to get the car out.
A crane was called upon and straps were attached to the rear axles of the SUV. It was then slowly and gently pulled out of the well. However, when it was almost out, the front bumper broke off under the pressure of the sheer weight and fell right back in.
Going by the videos being circulated, it is hard to make out any major damage on the exterior. However, the car spent a few hours underwater and the interiors will be completely destroyed. We also expect all the electrical circuits to be fried. The water could have also forced its way into the engine.
MUMBAI: Car falls into a sinkhole at a parking lot. Shocking visuals of a car falling into a sinkhole at a Mumbai parking lot have surfaced. The widely shared video depicts a Hyundai Venue drowning in the sinkhole.
The video in question is rather short. The footage starts with the front-end of the Hyundai Venue already underwater. Within just a few seconds, the entire car is swallowed by the sinkhole. The sinkhole was filled with muddy water.
Reports suggest that the parking space was built by covering up a well. Due to the recent rains, it is possible that the ground beneath the tarmac was washed away and the well was reactivated by nature.
In the past couple of weeks, the regions around the city of Mumbai were battered with heavy rains that almost led to a flood-like situation. It is quite possible that these heavy rains loosened up the ground around the area in which the Hyundai Venue went down.
The Hyundai Venue weighs between 1,081 kilograms and 1,233 kilograms, depending on the variant and the powertrain. While this isn't as heavy as many other cars in the market, it is heavy enough to sink pretty quickly when the ground beneath the car just isn't there anymore.
The tail-lamp of the car was turned on when it sank and this led many to believe there was someone inside the car. However, reports reveal that no life was harmed in the incident. The tail lamp must have come on because of an electrical fault or a short-circuit caused by the water flooding the car.
Thoughts On Hyundai Venue Drowning In Sinkhole At Mumbai Parking Lot
In the past few weeks, many regions of the country have been lashed by heavy rains. With such extreme rainfall comes the risk of landslides and sinkholes. The loose ground under roads and other places shift and this makes motoring quite dangerous.
In this instance, the car had no occupants. However, if there were any occupants, there could have been a loss of life as there is no space for the doors to be opened inside the sinkhole. It is best for everyone to be cautious about the area in which we drive and even the surroundings of the area where we park our vehicles.