- 12 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 17 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 18 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- News PM Modi to address 79th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' at 11 am today
- Movies Mrunal Thakur On Mixed Reviews Of Toofaan: Validation Doesn't Come From Social Media Numbers
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Manu Bhaker, Yashaswini Deswal fail to qualify for women's 10m Air Pistol final
- Lifestyle Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
UPDATE: Car rescued from sinkhole in Mumbai. The Hyundai Venue that fell into the sinkhole that appeared in a Mumbai parking lot has been pulled out with the help of a crane. On the outside, it does look like the car has not suffered any major damage. Here is all you need to know about the incident.
The video of the Hyundai Venue falling into the sinkhole and drowning was probably one of the most-shared videos on various different social media platforms on Sunday, 13 June. However, while the video was being shared by tens of thousands, it seems like the owner of the vehicle was busy trying to get the car out.
A crane was called upon and straps were attached to the rear axles of the SUV. It was then slowly and gently pulled out of the well. However, when it was almost out, the front bumper broke off under the pressure of the sheer weight and fell right back in.
Going by the videos being circulated, it is hard to make out any major damage on the exterior. However, the car spent a few hours underwater and the interiors will be completely destroyed. We also expect all the electrical circuits to be fried. The water could have also forced its way into the engine.
MUMBAI: Car falls into a sinkhole at a parking lot. Shocking visuals of a car falling into a sinkhole at a Mumbai parking lot have surfaced. The widely shared video depicts a Hyundai Venue drowning in the sinkhole.
The video in question is rather short. The footage starts with the front-end of the Hyundai Venue already underwater. Within just a few seconds, the entire car is swallowed by the sinkhole. The sinkhole was filled with muddy water.
Reports suggest that the parking space was built by covering up a well. Due to the recent rains, it is possible that the ground beneath the tarmac was washed away and the well was reactivated by nature.
In the past couple of weeks, the regions around the city of Mumbai were battered with heavy rains that almost led to a flood-like situation. It is quite possible that these heavy rains loosened up the ground around the area in which the Hyundai Venue went down.
The Hyundai Venue weighs between 1,081 kilograms and 1,233 kilograms, depending on the variant and the powertrain. While this isn't as heavy as many other cars in the market, it is heavy enough to sink pretty quickly when the ground beneath the car just isn't there anymore.
The tail-lamp of the car was turned on when it sank and this led many to believe there was someone inside the car. However, reports reveal that no life was harmed in the incident. The tail lamp must have come on because of an electrical fault or a short-circuit caused by the water flooding the car.
Thoughts On Hyundai Venue Drowning In Sinkhole At Mumbai Parking Lot
In the past few weeks, many regions of the country have been lashed by heavy rains. With such extreme rainfall comes the risk of landslides and sinkholes. The loose ground under roads and other places shift and this makes motoring quite dangerous.
In this instance, the car had no occupants. However, if there were any occupants, there could have been a loss of life as there is no space for the doors to be opened inside the sinkhole. It is best for everyone to be cautious about the area in which we drive and even the surroundings of the area where we park our vehicles.