- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG Launched At Rs 7.77 Lakh - Most Powerful CNG Hatchback In India
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic Unveiled - Gets More Kit
- 17 hrs ago Honda Activa 7G Launch Soon - Teaser Out
- 20 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG - Dealers Start Taking Unofficial Bookings Ahead Of The Launch
- Movies Laal Singh Chaddha Day 2 Box Office Collection: Aamir Khan's Film Witnesses A Drop In Numbers
- Finance Buy This Tata Group Stock For A Dividend Yield Of 4.65%, Company Is Repaying Debt
- News Salman Rushdie "alive" after attack | Top points
- Sports K1000 Rally: Aishwarya Pissay, the cynosure of all eyes
- Technology Microsoft Lays Off 2,000 Employees In Just Two Months; Find Out Why
- Education MAH CET MBA/MMS 2022 Admit Card Released: Download Hall Tickets From cetcell.mahacet.org
- Travel Sakrebailu Elephant Camp Shimoga Timings, Ticket Fee, Attractions and How to Reach
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, Kareena Kapoor Khan: Bollywood Guide To Maternity Fashion
Bangalore-based travel content creator and fitness trainer Jothi Viknesh recently took the Mahindra Treo dubbed Hope to Khardung La, making it the first electric autorickshaw to reach the pass.
Viknesh's latest feat in the electric Treo has once again seen him make the Twitter feed of Mahindra boss Anand Mahindrawho has been following his journey for a while now.
Jothi Viknesh who has been on the road since the 5th of December 2021 in an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the longest journey in an electric autorickshaw recently took the Treo named Hope to the Khardung La pass, which sits 17,852 feet (5,359 metres) above sea level.
Viknesh's journey in the Treo named Hope, which he documents on his Youtube channel India on 3 Wheels as well as his other social channels has seen him cover multiple states and reach some of the most remote parts of the country. Viknesh has already covered over 17,000 kilometres and 20 states in his 8-month journey so far. Viknesh is spreading the message of a Pollution Free India on his record-breaking trip.
While he needs to go past the 20,000-kilometre mark to take the record, Viknesh plans to finish his journey across the country with over 30,000 kilometres on the odometer of his Mahindra Treo electric auto rickshaw.
Viknesh's ascent up to Khardun La isn't the first time he and Hope the Treo have created records on his insane journey across the nation. Viknesh took his Treo up Bumla pass back in May, making the Treo the first autorickshaw to reach the pass which sits 15,200 feet (4,600 metres) above sea level.
The Mahindra Treo electric autorickshaw dubbed Hope used by Viknesh is powered by a 7.37kWh lithium-ion battery pack that Mahindra claims can deliver a certified range of 141 kilometres on a single charge. Mahindra claims that the Treo takes 3 hours and 50m minutes to fully replenish its battery pack when plugged into a 16A three-pin socket.
The Treo single electric motor delivers a peak output of 10.72bhp (8kW) and 42Nm of torque which allows the zero-emissions autorickshaw to hit a top speed of 55km/h. Mahindra claims that the Treo has a gradability of 12.7 degrees which makes it easy for the electric auto climb slopes like the ones Viknesh has been experiencing on his journey up in the mountain passes.
Thoughts About Jothi Viknesh's Record Treo Trip Up Khardung La
Bangalore-based travel enthusiast Jothi Viknesh's trip across the nation in the Mahindra Treo should be applauded - both for its message of a pollution-free India and for the guy behind the wheel who is undertaking a journey for the ages in the electric auto rickshaw.