- 5 hrs ago MG Motor Converts The Hector Plus SUV Into Covid-19 Mobile Testing Unit: Read More To Find Out!
- 6 hrs ago Wardwizard Innovations & Mobility Partners With Bajaj Allianz To Offer Insurance Policies To Joy e-Bike Buyers
- 8 hrs ago Nissan CSD Cars List, Discounts & Offers: Here Are The Model-Wise Prices
- 9 hrs ago Force Gurkha Teased On Social Media — Here’s What We Can Expect From The Off-Roader
- Movies Exclusive: Aamir Khan On Lagaan's Making, The Oscars Loss, And How Ex-Wife Reena Deserves Credit For The Film
- Sports Euro 2020: Poland 1-2 Slovakia: Skriniar secures shock Group E win
- News Delhi govt bans soaps, detergents not conforming to latest BIS parameters to curb pollution
- Finance 25 Common Errors Being Faced By Taxpayers On The New Income Tax Portal 2.0
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal Flaunts Peach And Rani Pink Kurta Sets; Which Attire Did You Like More?
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2 Global Model Could Be Rebranded Realme X9 Pro; What To Expect?
- Education From Harvard To Columbia: Top US Colleges Offering Online Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
A Mercedes-Benz W123 in pristine condition has been put up for auction in America. What makes this vehicle unique is the fact that it has clocked around 12.6 lakh kilometres and yet is in an almost flawless state. Most of the parts on the station wagon are still originals, even though the vehicle is almost 42-years-old.
The Mercedes-Benz W123 is a car that gets us petrolheads to turn back and take a look. Irrespective of its vintage, colour, specifications or the variant, all Mercedes-Benz W123 models never cease to amaze car lovers across the world.
Adding to its old-world charm and evergreen design is the fact that it is one of the most durable cars in the world. The Mercedes-Benz W123 is among the few cars that never throw tantrums and they last forever. This particular 1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD Station Wagon is the best example we have seen in recent times.
Even though it is nearly 42-years-old and has clocked over 782,000 miles (12,58,507 kilometres), it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. The 1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD Station Wagon features the original Medium-Red paint straight from the factory.
The headlamps up front are flawless and so is the grille with the three-pointed star ornament. The station wagon also gets the original chrome bumpers with black cladding. It runs on the original steel wheels and hub-caps with the centre painted in the body colour.
The rear is classy and neat with the tail lamps in mint condition. It gets the three-pointed star, 300TD badging as well as the Diesel moniker finished in chrome. The interiors are decked in Saffron MB-Tex, just like it left the factory. Just the front seats have been replaced due to wear and tear.
The car was manufactured in 1979 and yet it came with some features that are missing from most cars even in 2021. The 1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD Station Wagon comes with self-levelling suspension which is claimed to have been rebuilt only in the last five years which is a testament to its durability and longevity.
Other features include automatic climate control, CD player by Alpine, electric windows, central locking, sunroof, cruise control, etc. The cruise control system is said to be working intermittently. The instrumentation which features analog dials for the speedometer, oil pressure, coolant temperature, fuel level, etc, are all in working condition.
The 1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD Station Wagon is powered by a 3,0-litre, OM617 turbo-diesel engine with a modest 77bhp and 155Nm when it was new. It is obvious that quite a few horses would have escaped over the years.
This beautiful station wagon has been put up for auction on ‘Bring A Trailer.' At the time of writing, the highest bid it had received was $6,600 (Rs 4.83 lakh).
Thoughts On 1979 Mercedes-Benz W123 With More Than 12.6 Lakh Kilometres Being Auctioned
This certainly isn't one of those super-expensive classic cars. However, its odometer is a testament to its durability. Also, hats off to the owners who have maintained it in such pristine condition. There are many Mercedes Benz W123 and W124 models that have clocked lakhs of kilometres out there. None of them however are in mint condition like this one is.