- 6 hrs ago Audi e-Tron India Launch Confirmed For 22 July: Advanced Electric Vehicle Coming Soon
- 20 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar Review (First Drive) — Feature Loaded SUV Gives You All You Need In A Car & More
- 21 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 1 day ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- Finance F&O July Series: NSE Adds Aditya Birla Fashion and 3 Other Stocks
- Education Patna HC Directs State Govt To Fill The Vacant Posts Of Commerce Teachers In Schools Within 6 Months
- Lifestyle Pooja Hegde Looks Like A Dream In Her Elegant Flower-Patterned Saree; Pictures Inside!
- Technology iQOO Gaming Event Announced To Find Big Gaming Streamers In India
- Movies Anupam Kher Shares Hilarious Video Of Man Who Did Not Recognize Him In Himachal Pradesh
- News After ‘then you suffer’ remark, Kerala women panel chief resigns
- Sports ICC congratulate New Zealand for clinching World Test Championship title
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
A Mercedes-Benz W123 in pristine condition has been put up for auction in America. What makes this vehicle unique is the fact that it has clocked around 12.6 lakh kilometres and yet is in an almost flawless state. Most of the parts on the station wagon are still originals, even though the vehicle is almost 42-years-old.
The Mercedes-Benz W123 is a car that gets us petrolheads to turn back and take a look. Irrespective of its vintage, colour, specifications or the variant, all Mercedes-Benz W123 models never cease to amaze car lovers across the world.
Adding to its old-world charm and evergreen design is the fact that it is one of the most durable cars in the world. The Mercedes-Benz W123 is among the few cars that never throw tantrums and they last forever. This particular 1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD Station Wagon is the best example we have seen in recent times.
Even though it is nearly 42-years-old and has clocked over 782,000 miles (12,58,507 kilometres), it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. The 1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD Station Wagon features the original Medium-Red paint straight from the factory.
The headlamps up front are flawless and so is the grille with the three-pointed star ornament. The station wagon also gets the original chrome bumpers with black cladding. It runs on the original steel wheels and hub-caps with the centre painted in the body colour.
The rear is classy and neat with the tail lamps in mint condition. It gets the three-pointed star, 300TD badging as well as the Diesel moniker finished in chrome. The interiors are decked in Saffron MB-Tex, just like it left the factory. Just the front seats have been replaced due to wear and tear.
The car was manufactured in 1979 and yet it came with some features that are missing from most cars even in 2021. The 1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD Station Wagon comes with self-levelling suspension which is claimed to have been rebuilt only in the last five years which is a testament to its durability and longevity.
Other features include automatic climate control, CD player by Alpine, electric windows, central locking, sunroof, cruise control, etc. The cruise control system is said to be working intermittently. The instrumentation which features analog dials for the speedometer, oil pressure, coolant temperature, fuel level, etc, are all in working condition.
The 1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD Station Wagon is powered by a 3,0-litre, OM617 turbo-diesel engine with a modest 77bhp and 155Nm when it was new. It is obvious that quite a few horses would have escaped over the years.
This beautiful station wagon has been put up for auction on ‘Bring A Trailer.' At the time of writing, the highest bid it had received was $6,600 (Rs 4.83 lakh).
Thoughts On 1979 Mercedes-Benz W123 With More Than 12.6 Lakh Kilometres Being Auctioned
This certainly isn't one of those super-expensive classic cars. However, its odometer is a testament to its durability. Also, hats off to the owners who have maintained it in such pristine condition. There are many Mercedes Benz W123 and W124 models that have clocked lakhs of kilometres out there. None of them however are in mint condition like this one is.