- 22 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio N Prices Hiked Up To Rs 1 Lakh – Base Variant Now Costs Rs 12.74 Lakh
- 1 day ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Cross 59,000 Units – More Than 890 Per Cent Growth Achieved
- 1 day ago Toyota Land Cruiser 300 Deliveries Commence In India – Costs Rs 2.17 Crore
- 1 day ago Citroen eC3 First Drive Review - Electric Chic For The Masses
- Sports SA20: David Miller rises to give Paarl Royals a crucial victory over league leaders Pretoria Capitals
- Education UPSC 2023: NDA 1, CDS 1 Application Correction Facility Ends Tomorrow; Check Details Here
- Movies BB16: Kamya Hits Out At Shalin-Tina’s ‘Disrespectful, Fake Love Story’ Post Soundarya Sharma’s Elimination
- Lifestyle 6 Benefits Of Yoga For Men Over 60
- News Himanta Biswa Sarma hits out at Indian Express over article on Shah Rukh Khan’s phone call
- Finance Budget Expectations From The Fisheries & Seafood Industry
- Travel Republic Day Parade 2023- How to Book Tickets
- Technology Redmi 10 Power vs Redmi 10 Prime: Xiaomi's Mid-range Smartphones Compared
French car manufacturer Citroen has commenced the pre-bookings for the eC3 electric hatchback in India and interested customers can book the model for a token refundable amount of Rs 25,000.
Speaking about Citroen eC3, it is the all-electric version of the Citroen C3 hatchback and we expect the model to be a crucial product for Citroen's future business in India. Apart from that, the Citroen eC3 electric hatchback rival the likes of the Tata Tiago EV in India.
Diving into details, the new Citroen eC3 is a front-wheel-drive electric hatchback and driving these front wheels is an electric motor capable of pushing out 56.2bhp of peak power and 143Nm of peak torque. Apart from that, the Citroen eC3 electric hatchback comes equipped with a 29.2kWh battery pack.
Thanks to this decent-sized battery pack and the power-efficient electric motor, the new Citroen eC3 electric hatchback can cover 320 kilometres on a fully-charged battery pack according to ARAi. It is also worth mentioning that, Citroen eC3 comes with regen braking capability and sports two driving modes - Eco, and Standard.
In terms of charging capability, Citroen claims that the eC3 electric hatchback supports 50kW DC fast charging and the electric hatchback can be charged from 10 to 80 per cent of its capacity in just 57 minutes. However, it must be mentioned that charging the battery pack to its 100 per cent capacity from 10 per cent using the onboard 3.3kW AC charger and a 15A plug point takes 10.5 hours.
Coming to the warranty, the Citroen eC3 comes with a warranty of 3 years / 1,25,000km, whereas the battery pack and electric motor come with a warranty of 7 years / 1,40,000km, and 5 years / 1,00,000km, respectively. This long warranty period not only ensures peace of mind to its customers but also gives a lot of confidence to new EV buyers as well.
Thoughts About The Citroen eC3 Electric Hatchback
If Citroen is able to aggressively price the eC3 electric hatchback in India, the model is expected to be very successful despite the presence of the Tata Tiago EV in the Indian market. Furthermore, we expect the success of the Citroen eC3 to shape the French automaker's future decisions related to its business in India.