- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG Launched At Rs 7.77 Lakh - Most Powerful CNG Hatchback In India
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic Unveiled - Gets More Kit
- 16 hrs ago Honda Activa 7G Launch Soon - Teaser Out
- 19 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG - Dealers Start Taking Unofficial Bookings Ahead Of The Launch
- Finance Buy This Tata Group Stock For A Dividend Yield Of 4.65%, Company Is Repaying Debt
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 14: Satyanarayana Subbaraya Wasn’t Able To Answer THIS Rs 50 Lakh Question, Can You?
- News Salman Rushdie "alive" after attack | Top points
- Sports K1000 Rally: Aishwarya Pissay, the cynosure of all eyes
- Technology Microsoft Lays Off 2,000 Employees In Just Two Months; Find Out Why
- Education MAH CET MBA/MMS 2022 Admit Card Released: Download Hall Tickets From cetcell.mahacet.org
- Travel Sakrebailu Elephant Camp Shimoga Timings, Ticket Fee, Attractions and How to Reach
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, Kareena Kapoor Khan: Bollywood Guide To Maternity Fashion
Swedish carmaker Volvo has launched the XC40 Recharge EV in India. The Volvo XC40 Recharge is priced at Rs 55.90 lakh (ex-showroom).
Volvo XC40 Motor, Battery Pack, Range & Charging Time
The Volvo XC40 Recharge is the Swedish carmaker's first all electric offering for the Indian market and it draws power from a 78kWh battery pack that allows for a claimed range of 418 kilometres (WLTP Cycle) on a single charge.
The Volvo XC40 Recharge supports 150kW fast DC charging which allows the electric SUV to recharge its battery pack from 10 to 80 per cent in just 33 minutes. On the more accessible 50kW DC fast charger seen in India, the XC40 Recharge's battery pack will go from 10 to 80 per cent in around 2.5 hours.
The XC40 Recharge for India is offered in dual-motor guise with an electric motor on each axle. The Volvo XC40 Recharge's dual motor setup delivers 402bhp and 660Nm of peak torque which is sent to all four wheels via a single-speed gearbox. Volvo claims the XC40 Recharge will sprint from 0-100km/h in just 4.9 seconds and the EV will continue accelerating till it tops out at 180km/h.
The Volvo XC40 Recharge is 4,425mm long, 1,863mm wide and 1,652mm tall. The wheelbase of the XC40 Recharge is 1,652mm long and the electric Volvo SUV weighs in at a hefty 2,188 kilogrammes. The Volvo XC40 Recharge has a ground clearance of 175mm. The electric SUV features a rear boot space of 419-litres and with an additional 31-litres of space at the front.
Volvo XC40 Recharge Design & Features
The Volvo XC40 Recharge looks identical to its internal combustion siblings though the electric SUV does get a few extra features that help it stand out from the crowd. The Volvo XC40 Recharge rides on 19-inch alloy wheels and features a blocked off front grille that hosts the Volvo badge. The fuel filler cap on the ICE-powered models is now the location of the charging port for the XC40 Recharge.
The XC40 Recharge retains Volvo's signature Thor's Hammer LED daytime running lights and the vertically stacked LED taillights. The new EV version of the XC40 sports a Recharge badge to help differentiate it from its dinosaur burning siblings.
The insides of the car remain unchanged as well. Behind the steering wheel sits a digital display for the all the vital driving information while the vertically stacked infotainment system runs on a native version of Android. The infotainment system is paired to a 13-speaker Harman Kardon audio system.
The Volvo XC40 comes packed with safety features like multiple airbags, Level 2 ADAS system which includes systems like adaptive cruise control and lane keeping assistance among others.
Volvo is offering the XC40 Recharge with a 3 years comprehensive warranty, 3 years service package and a 3 years of roadside assistance. The Volvo XC40 Recharge's battery pack is offered with an 8 year warranty.
Thoughts About The Volvo XC40 Recharge
The Volvo XC40 Recharge comes packed with a host of safety features and a claimed range of over 400 kilometres which should make it a good choice for those looking for a premium EV to ferry the family around.