- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Sales Report (November 2022) - Sales Up By 14.26%
- 12 hrs ago Upcoming Electric Scooters & Motorcycles In India – Future Sure Looks Electrifying
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes GLB Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 63.8 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Top 5 Upcoming CNG Cars In India – Brezza, Carens, & More
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Cameroon vs Brazil: Brazil stunned by Cameroon, still top Group G after 1-0 loss
- Movies Varisu Second Single ‘Thee Thalapathy’ Official Announcement Is Out: Vijay Is Ready To Set The Stage On Fire!
- News KCR's daughter Kavitha gets CBI summons in Delhi liquor scam
- Lifestyle New Treatment For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Could Provide Lasting Relief Without Surgery
- Finance Buy This Small Cap Gas Distribution Stock For High Returns, Target Price Rs 1,082, Says Geojit
- Travel 7 Insane but True Things About Travel You Never Realized
- Technology Redmi 11A Could Soon Replace The Redmi 10A; Spotted On IMDA, TENAA
- Education IIT Placements 2022: 30 students bag packages over Rs 1 cr
German carmaker Volkswagen has revealed the Gen.Travel concept. The Volkswagen Gen.Travel concept is a design study that looks can drive itself around on its thanks to futuristic tech in the form of Level 5 vehicle autonomy.
Volkswagen claims that the all-electric Gen.Travel is "a real prototype that drives autonomously (Level 5) and gives a realistic outlook for the mobility of the coming decade."
Volkswagen Gen.Travel Concept Design
The Volkswagen Gen.Travel features a rather unique design which the German automotive giant calls a mix of MPV and a premium sedan. The craziest highlights of the Gen.Travel's exterior design are those large upwards opening Gullwing doors.
The Gen.Travel concept also sports a unique lighting setup with C-shaped LED DRLs at the front and the large horizontal tail light bar at the rear with vertical light bars on each edge of the rear bumper.
Step through the Volkswagen Gen.Travel's large Gullwing doors and you'll be greeted by a modular interior setup that can be customized for each journey and booked as a Mobility-as-a-Service offering.
For those undertaking business trips, the Gen.Travel can shift into a comfortable 4 seater with a table in the middle to create the Conference setup. Volkswagen also provides a 'dynamic lighting' setup to help avoid motion sickness.
For those looking to take an overnight trip in this concept vehicle with the Gen.Travel converting two of the seats into beds that sport innovative restraint systems to ensure maximum safety even when the occupants are enjoying a quick nap or a long siesta. The interior lighting setup influences melatonin production to help passengers fall asleep and wake up the natural way.
To ensure that the kids are kept entertained when the adults are busy talking amongst themselves, the front section of the cabin features an augmented reality system.
Volkswagen Gen.Travel Concept Powertrain, Suspension & Other Details
Volkswagen claims that the Gen.Travel concept sports a fully electric propulsion system though no details regarding the same have been provided. The Volkswagen concept vehicle's eABC (electronic Active Body Control) active suspension system calculates vertical and lateral movements such as acceleration, braking, or cornering ahead of time, and optimizes the driving style and trajectory accordingly. The Volkswagen Gen.Travel concept features a platooning mode which allows it travel in convoys of autonomous vehicles to further increase the range for long-distance journeys.
Speaking about the new Gen.Travel concept at its unveiling, Dr. Nikolai Ardey, Head of Volkswagen Group Innovation said, "With its New Auto strategy, Volkswagen defines the mobility for generations to come - sustainable and digital. In the group-wide Volkswagen Innovation Research department, we are further advancing this idea, showing how our customers will be able to experience mobility in the future - for example, as a service. With Gen.Travel, we can already experience today what will be possible in the near future with innovative technology. Door-to-door travel at a new level. Emission-free and stress-free."
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Gen.Travel Concept
The Volkswagen Gen.Travel concept gives us a look into a pod-like, relaxing world of the future where fully autonomous electric cars will take us from point A to point B in convoys of AI-powered cars.