- 8 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 13 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 1 day ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 1 day ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Sports Top javelin thrower Shivpal Singh handed 4-year ban for failing dope test
- Finance Post Office Saving Schemes Interest Rates Rise, Check Interest Rates Here
- News 'Adipurush' teaser review: A visually-arresting clip backed by solid BGM
- Movies Adipurush Teaser Review: Prabhas Embodies Lord Rama Completely In The Animated Epic Battle Of Good And Evil
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Tata Motors surprised many with the announcement of the Tata Tiago EV during World Electric Vehicle Day. Touted to be the most affordable electric passenger car in India, Tata Motors is planning to further increase its market share in the electric vehicle segment by launching the Tata Tiago EV.
We expect the upcoming Tata Tiago EV to sport a similar powertrain to that of the Tata Tigor EV. However, being a newer vehicle Tata Motors could introduce a few changes such as a denser battery pack, a more powerful yet efficient electric motor and a few added features as well.
That being said, it is now been reported that the upcoming Tata Tiago EV features cruise mode and one-pedal drive mode. The latter will benefit the vehicle with stronger regeneration for better battery preservation.
Also, given the lighter kerb weight of the hatchback body, we expect the upcoming Tata Tiago EV to have a better range and performance than the Tata Tigor EV (sub-4m electric sedan). Thanks to new battery preservation features and lower weight, we expect the upcoming Tata Tiago EV to deliver more than 300km range under ideal conditions.
Coming to Tata Tigor EV, the model is powered by an advanced 350V Ziptron EV system and uses a 26kWh battery pack. Moreover, the Tata Tigor EV uses a 74bhp electric motor with 170Nm of torque for propulsion.
Coming to the charging, the Tata Tigor EV takes 65 minutes to charge from 0 to 80 per cent charge using a 25kW fast charger, whereas the same feat in a regular 15A plug point takes 8 hours and 45 minutes, claims the automaker.
Prices for the Tata Tigor EV range start from Rs 12.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base XE trim and goes all the way up to Rs 13.64 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the top-end XZ+ DT trim level.
As such, the launch of the Tata Tiago EV in India will make it the only electric hatchback in the country. Such a product will appeal to many car buyers in tier 1 and tier 2 cities where traffic congestion is on the higher side. Moreover, the hatchback body shape will allow users to navigate busy Indian streets with better confidence.
As such, the launch of the Tata Tiago EV is most likely to give plenty of boost to the overall sales in metro cities and increase the automaker's dominance in the electric passenger vehicle segment in India.
Speaking about dominance, Tata Motors already enjoys a lion's share of the electric passenger vehicle segment in India with more than 87 per cent market share. Moreover, the best-selling electric passenger vehicle in Tata Motors' product portfolio is the Tata Nexon EV.
Thoughts About Tata Tiago EV
The launch of the Tata Tiago EV can attract a lot of potential buyers to dealerships, especially in metro cities. Moreover, the positioning of the Tata Tiago EV as the 'most affordable EV' can stir a lot of interest in car buyers as well.
When launched, we expect Tata Tiago EV to further assert the dominance of the company in the electric passenger vehicle segment.