- 12 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 16 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 19 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies Bangarraju Day 9 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much The Naga Chaitanya Starrer Has Fared So Far!
- Lifestyle Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 West Ham: Rashford late show stuns Hammers
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Toyota announces a price hike on the Innova Crysta by up to Rs 33,000. The company has also introduced a new GX(-) base variant to the MPV's petrol line-up that retails at a starting price of Rs 16.98 lakh, ex-showroom.
Despite the price increase, the Innova Crysta's starting price has now gone down by Rs 41,000 due to the introduction of the new variant. However, as mentioned earlier other petrol and diesel variants do get pricier. Here is the new variant-wise price increase:
|G MT||Rs 24,000|
|G+ MT (Diesel)||Rs 12,000|
|GX MT, GX AT (Diesel & Petrol)||Rs 12,000|
|VX MT, VX AT (Diesel & Petrol)||Rs 33,000|
|ZX MT, ZX AT (Diesel & Petrol)||Rs 33,000|
After the price hike, the Toyota Innova Crysta petrol variants retail between Rs 16.89 lakh and Rs 23.47 lakh. While the diesel variants of the MPV retail between Rs 18.18 lakh and Rs 25.32 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Reason For Price Hike
Although the company is yet to announce the reason behind the price hike, we believe it could be due to the rising input costs for manufacturing. Toyota is forced to increase the prices of the MPV and is necessitated to offset the substantial increase in input costs.
The last time prices went up, the company stated that they will absorb the majority of the cost increases through internal efforts, and only a minimal portion will be reflected on vehicle prices. This seems to be the case for the latest price hike as well.
Toyota Innova Crysta GX(-) Variant
The new GX(-) petrol base variant is offered in two seating configurations: 7 & 8 seater. They retail at Rs 16.98 lakh and 16.94 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
However, the exact details of the equipment on the new variant is yet to be revealed. We believe the GX(-) will most likely feature steel wheels, manual AC, rear wiper, power windows and central locking along with a safety net consisting of three airbags, ABS, stability control and hill start assist.
The higher trims such as GX, VX and ZX feature a lot more equipment including alloy wheels, chrome garnish, 'Smart Playcast' technology along with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, rear parking sensors, rearview camera, auto climate control and a new Tan coloured upholstery on the top-spec ZX trim.
The Innova Crysta remains unchanged mechanically and is currently offered with two engine options: a 2.7-litre petrol & a 2.4-litre diesel. The petrol engine produces a maximum power of 164bhp and a peak torque of 245Nm.
While the 2.4-litre diesel unit churns out 148bhp and 360Nm of peak torque. Both engines are offered with either a five-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
Thoughts About The Toyota Innova Crysta Price Hike & New Variants
Toyota Innova Crysta remains the best-selling model for the brand despite numerous price hikes issued in the last year and starting this year. However, this time around, the base price of the MPV is reduced substantially due to the introduction of the new GX(-) petrol variant, giving customers a more affordable option amidst the price hike.