- 1 hr ago 2022 Ola S1 Comes With More Range, Top Speed & Features
- 4 hrs ago 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - AMT Gearbox, Touchscreen Infotainment, Steering Controls & More
- 18 hrs ago Mahindra BE & Twin Peaks Electric SUV Brands Revealed - 5 New EVs Unveiled
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric ‘Shocks’ The Country Again - Ola S1 Bookings Open & Ola Electric Car Unveiled
- News Bihar Cabinet expansion: Nitish Kumar retains Home Ministry; Tejashwi Yadav gets Health
- Lifestyle Lalita Saptami 2022: Date, Iconography, Puja Rituals, History, And Significance
- Finance Balaji Solutions Files Draft Papers With Sebi, To Raise Funds via IPO
- Technology Pixel 6 Series Can’t Revert From Android 13 Update To 12; Stable Upgrade Rolled Out
- Movies Debina Bonnerjee & Gurmeet Choudhary To Welcome Second Child 4 Months After The Birth Of Their Daughter
- Sports Usyk determined to make Ukrainians proud in Joshua rematch
- Education UPSC CDS 2 OTA Result 2021 Declared @upsc.gov.in; Get Direct Link Here
- Travel Elbe Valley: A Fairy-tale Landscape In Germany
Toyota has made its entry into the highly competitive C-segment SUV category in India with its Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV. However, to be successful, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder must stand out from its rivals.
Speaking about standing out from its rivals, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder is the only SUV in its segment to come with a hybrid powertrain setup. Moreover, it is also the only SUV in its segment to be offered with an all-wheel-drive layout.
However, to be successful in the segment, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder must compete against segment leaders such as Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos. So, let's compare the new Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder with the South Korean C-segment SUVs.
Starting with the dimensions, Toyota knows that size plays a big part when buying an SUV and Toyota has nailed this part. For starters, the new Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV measures 4,365mm long, 1,795mm wide and 1,635mm tall.
This means the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV is 65mm longer than the Hyundai Creta SUV and 50mm longer than the Kia Seltos SUV. Apart from that, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV is 5mm wider than Hyundai Creta.
Meanwhile, the Kia Seltos takes a few points in this category by being the widest car in this comparison at 1,800mm. In terms of height, both the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV and Hyundai Creta measure identical, whereas the Kia Seltos SUV is 15mm shorter at 1,620mm.
However, despite being the longest SUV in this comparison, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV has the shortest wheelbase at 2,600mm - 10mm less than both South Korean SUVs.
|Toyota Hyryder Vs Creta Vs Seltos - Dimensions|
|Length||4,365 mm||4,300 mm||4,315 mm|
|Width||1,795 mm||1,790 mm||1,800 mm|
|Height||1,635 mm||1,635 mm||1,620 mm|
|Wheelbase||2,600 mm||2,610 mm||2,610 mm|
As mentioned, Toyota does stand out in this category with its hybrid powertrain options. While both engine options in the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder are hybrid units, one of the powertrains is a mild-hybrid unit. This mild-hybrid powertrain is a 1.5-litre unit with 101.6bhp of peak power and this engine can be specified with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission. Moreover, this powertrain also comes with an optional all-wheel-drive layout.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre hybrid powertrain produces a bit more peak power at 114.5bhp and comes exclusively mated to an eCVT gearbox.
|Toyota Hyryder Vs Creta Vs Seltos - Engine (Petrol)|
|Engine Size||1.5L MH / 1.5L SH||1.5L Petrol / 1.4 Petrol||1.5L Petrol / 1.4 Petrol|
|Power||103 PS / 115 PS||115 PS / 140 PS||115 PS / 140 PS|
|Torque||135 Nm / 141 Nm||144 Nm / 242 Nm||144 Nm / 242 Nm|
|Transmission||5-speed MT, 6-speed AT / CVT||6-speed MT, CVT / 7-speed DCT||6-speed MT, CVT / 6-speed MT, 7-speed DCT|
|Drive||FWD / 4WD||FWD||FWD|
In comparison, the Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos sport similar engine and gearbox options. The base engine is a 1.5-litre naturally-spirated petrol engine with 113bhp of peak power and 144Nm of peak torque, whereas the more powerful 1.4-litre turbocharged unit puts out 138bhp of peak power and 242Nm of peak torque. The last engine option is the 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel unit with 113bhp of peak power and 250Nm of peak torque.
Moreover, the South Korean automakers offer 5 gearbox options. This includes a 6-speed manual transmission, a 6-speed iMT, CVT, 6-speed AT, and 7-speed DCT.
Thoughts About Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder
Though the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder does stand out from its rivals with its hybrid powertrain, the SUV lacks the powerful engine choices of its rivals. However, the Japanese SUV counters with more efficiency, larger size, and a future-proof hybris powertrain setup.