- 14 hrs ago Ola To Invest USD 100M In Ola Futurefoundry: Over 200 Designers & Automotive Engineers To Be Employed
- 17 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Hits 14,000 Billings: Strong Demand Continues
- 19 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Baleno Production Started: May Get 5-Star Safety Rating
- 22 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The Yamaha Aerox 155: Design, Powertrain & More
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Huge Discount Offers On High-End Smartphones
- Sports ICC Under-19 World Cup 2022: Afghanistan edge out Sri Lanka, to face England in semis
- News India reports 2.51 lakh new Covid-19 cases, positivity rate at 15.88 per cent
- Lifestyle Anti-Covid Drugs Potent Against Omicron, Antibody Therapies Less Effective: Says Study
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Fiscal Consolidation To Be Gradual And Calibrated Process
- Movies Good Luck Sakhi Twitter Review: 10 Tweets You Must Read Before Watching Keerthy Suresh’s Sports Drama!
- Education SSC Junior Engineer 2019 Final Results Declared For 1152 Posts, Download SSC JE Final Result On ssc.nic.in
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In Winter Of 2022
As we know, Toyota Hilux has been one of the most awaited vehicles in India. Many automotive experts even predicted its launch in the country after Toyota introduced the Fortuner SUV in India.
On the other hand, the Isuzu V-Cross came to India out of nowhere and immediately started to attract the lifestyle segment customers in India. Even John Abraham has owned one for himself.
Now, Toyota has finally decided to launch the Hilux pickup truck in India, and it will directly rival the Isuzu V-Cross for dominance. So, we will be comparing both these pickup trucks in terms of their Design, Engines, Interior, Features, and Price.
Everyone knows that looks are an important factor while buying a lifestyle pickup truck. However, looks is a subjective matter and it is always a little difficult to choose a clear winner.
While both the Izuzu V-Cross and the upcoming Toyota Hilux look very distinctive and bold. It is the Toyota Hilux that looks a bit better with its large hexagonal front grille and swept-back headlamps with stylish LED DRLs.
The Isuzu V-Cross on the other hand looks a bit less premium feeling with its Chrome-heavy front grille.
Moreover, the front end of the Toyota Hilux features a more muscular-looking front bumper along with a prominent bash plate. This gives the Toyota Hilux a very rugged feel. This rugged feel is very well carried to the sides of the pickup truck as well with large flared wheel arches and chunky black claddings.
However, the rear of the Toyota Hilux looks 'incomplete' compared to the rest of the exterior, whereas the Isuzu V-Cross looks better from the rear and looks more complete.
As per the latest reports, Toyota Hilux will be powered by the more potent 2.8-litre turbocharged diesel unit from the Toyota Fortuner and this engine produces 201bhp and a mammoth 500Nm of torque.
On the other hand, the Isuzu V-Cross is powered by a smaller 1.9-litre turbocharged diesel engine with 163bhp and 360Nm of torque.
This means, the Toyota Hilux has a lot more power and plenty more torque on offer than the Isuzu V-Cross and it is an easy win for the Toyota.
While both the Toyota Hilux and Isuzu V-Cross offer 6-speed manual and automatic transmission options. We expect Toyota Hilux to be offered with electronic differential locks for better off-road ability.
With ex-showroom prices hovering around a quarter of a crore rupees, it is by default for any buyer to expect premium feel from both the Isuzu V-Cross and Toyota Hilux.
However, the Isuzu V-Cross' interior looks slightly dated and the 7-inch infotainment unit almost feels like an aftermarket unit.
On the other hand, we expect Toyota Hilux to feature a similar interior layout to the Toyota Fortuner. However, we have to wait till the launch of the Hilux to confirm the same.
Since the Toyota Hilux is based on Toyota's IMV-2 platform, it will also share many features from both the Toyota Fortuner and the Toyota Innova Crysta.
This means the Toyota Hilux will come with features such as an 8.0-inch infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, auto climate control, steering mounted controls, electrically adjustable seats, TC, ESP, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, ambient lighting, full-colour MID and many more.
On the other hand, the Isuzu is also well equipped with features such as climate control, steering mounted controls, electrically adjustable seats, TC, ESP, 6 airbags, ABS wih EBD, 7-inch infotainment system, it missout few features such as Apple CaPlay, Android Auto and a few more.
Prices for the Isuzu V-Cross starts from just Rs 21.98 lakh (ex-showroom, Chennai), which we believe will be lower than the starting price of the upcoming Toyota Hilux pickup truck.
Though Toyota is yet to announce the price, we expect the Japanese automaker to price the Hilux around Rs 25 lakh to Rs 32 lakh in India.
Thoughts About Isuzu V-Cross & Toyota Hilux
Despite the Indian automotive market being price sensitive, we expect Toyota Hilux to be priced closer to the more premium Isuzu MU-X SUV than the Isuzu V-Cross.
However, we expect more people to prefer the Toyota Hilux because of the brand value, better service network, a more potent powertrain and a longer feature list.