- 18 min ago Honda Almost Becomes Largest Two-Wheeler Manufacturer In India – Hero Sales Plummet
- 2 hrs ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 3 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launch This Month – Bookings Already Open
- News Gujarat and Himachal Election 2022 Exit Poll LIVE: Will saffron party retain both states?
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Priyanka Chahar Chaudhary Says ‘Ghar Basana Hai'; Archana Promises To Hunt A Suitable Groom
- Sports World Cup 2022: Stats and Facts as France and England set quarterfinals meet
- Finance Motilal Oswal Bullish On This Midcap Aditya Birla Group Stock, Suggests Buy For Robust 21% Gains
- Education HTET 2022 Answer Key Out; Check All Details Here
- Technology Google Testing End-to-End Encryption For Group Messages; Emoji Support Also Expected
- Lifestyle Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
Tata Motors has finally launched the much-awaited Tata Tiago EV. Here are the top 10 things about the Tata Tiago EV.
The newly launched Tata Tiago EV is available with two powertrain options. The base variant comes with an electric motor that is capable of producing 60bhp of peak power and 105Nm of peak torque.
On the other hand, the more powerful electric motor option produces 74bhp of peak power and 114Nm of peak torque.
Unlike the Tata Tigor EV, the Tata Tiago EV sports two battery pack options. The base battery pack on the newly launched Tata Tiago EV is rated at 19.2kWh, whereas the top-spec battery pack is rated at 24kWh.
In addition to that, the larger battery pack comes exclusively with the more powerful electric motor setup, and vice-versa.
Performance & Range
According to Tata Motors, the Tata Tiago EV can hit 60km/h from a standstill in just 5.7 seconds - Which is plenty for an electric hatchback. Apart from that, the 24kWh variant of the Tata Tiago EV can do 315km on a full charge, whereas the base spec model can do 250km.
The new Tata Tiago EV comes with two drive modes - City and Sport. Apart from that, the newly launched electric hatchback also features 4 regen modes for better battery regeneration.
Tata Motors claims that the Tata Tiago EV can charge from 10 per cent of its battery capacity to 80 per cent in just 57 minutes using a suitable DC fast charger. Moreover, the Tata Tiago EV can also be charged using a standard 3.3kW AC charger.
Tata Tiago EV 'XZ+' and 'XZ+ Tech LUS' customers can also specify a faster 7.2kW AC charger, and using this charger takes just 3 hours and 36 minutes to charge to full capacity.
The newly launched Tata Tiago EV comes with an 8year / 1,60,000km warranty for both the battery pack and the electric motor. This gives a lot of confidence to new EV buyers as well.
The external design of the newly launched Tata Tiago EV is very similar to its petrol-powered sibling. However, designers at Tata Motors have added splashes of blue accents around the headlights and body to distinguish the EV model from standard variants.
The interior also looks very similar to the standard Tata Tiago, however, there are a few blue accents to differentiate the electric model. Apart from that, the gear lever has now been replaced by a rotary drive-selector knob.
In terms of features, the newly launched Tata Tiago EV comes equipped with features such as a large 7-inch infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, an 8-Speaker Harman audio system, ZConnect telematics, and more.
Safety systems include multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, rear parking camera, and more.
The newly launched Tata Tiago EV is priced from Rs 8.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base 'XT' variant equipped with the basic powertrain. However, the top-spec 'XZ+ Tech LUX' trim of the Tata Tiago EV with a 7.2kW AC charger is priced at Rs 11.79 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
|Tata Tiago EV Price|
|Battery Pack||Charging Option||Variant||Price|
|19.2 kWh||3.3 kW AC||XE||₹8.49 Lakh|
|24 kWh||3.3 kW AC||XT||₹9.99 Lakh|
|XZ+ Tech LUX||₹11.29 Lakh|
|7.2 kW AC||XZ+||₹11.29 Lakh|
|XZ+ Tech LUX||₹11.79 Lakh|
Bookings & Deliveries
Bookings for the Tata Tiago EV will be open from October 10 and deliveries of the electric hatchback is said to commence from January 2023.
Thoughts About The Tata Tiago EV
With the launch of the Tata Tiago EV, Tata Motors is aiming to attract a good number of hatchback buyers in tier 1 and tier 2 cities. Also, such an aggressive price tag will attract many potential car buyers in the metro cities as well.