- 23 hrs ago Hindustan Motors To Produce Electric Scooters & Cars; This Includes The New Ambassador EV
- 1 day ago Next-Gen Maruti Suzuki Eeco To Arrive In Festive Season
- 1 day ago Elon Musk Reveals Conditions For Setting Up Tesla Manufacturing Plant In India
- 1 day ago Ola Electric Car To Be Manufactured In New Future Factory: Scouting For 1,000-Acre Land Begins
- News Vat Savitri Vrat 2022: Date, Time, Fasting Rules, Method and Importance
- Sports Italy vs Argentina, Finalissima 2022: Date, Kick-off Time in India, Teams, Telecast & Live Streaming Info
- Movies Kamal Haasan Meets Rajinikanth Ahead Of Vikram Release; Lokesh Kanagaraj Shares Pictures
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Get A Tattoo While On Periods?
- Finance Stock Markets Next Week: Expect Positive Momentum To Continue
- Technology This WhatsApp Scam Can Get Control Of Your Phone
- Travel One Day Outing From Nagpur: Maharashtra - Places To Visit
- Education RRB NTPC CBT 2 Level 2, 3, And 5 Exam Schedule Released, Check Exam Dates Here
Rising fuel prices have become a matter of concern for almost every car user. So, here are 8 tips to improve the fuel efficiency of your car.
Be Gentle On The Throttle
The best way to reduce the fuel consumption of your car is to be a bit more gentle on your throttle inputs as sudden or sharp throttle inputs can significantly affect your car's fuel efficiency figures.
This is because an engine consumes most fuel while accelerating and smooth throttle inputs can significantly reduce the fuel consumption thus improving the overall fuel efficiency of your car.
Also, here's the list of the top 5 most fuel-efficient cars in India.
Though modern cars come with Start/Stop technology, many users bypass the feature and keep the cars on idle. This will significantly hamper your car's fuel efficiency as the car is consuming fuel without making any progress.
However, this doesn't mean you have to turn off the engine of your car every time you come to a halt. It is generally recommended to turn off the engine when you require to be stationary for more than 60-seconds. However, as modern cars consume far less fuel during starting, this time can now be dropped to 45-seconds.
Most vehicle users often overlook the importance of tyre pressure and heed only while making long trips. However, this should not be the case as tyre pressure should be periodically checked and refilled if necessary.
Though, it is recommended to maintain manufacturer recommended tyre pressure, increasing the tyre pressure to a small margin could improve the mileage and vice versa. However, increased tyre pressure will also result in a marginal reduction in traction.
Gear shifts play a very important role in the fuel efficiency of your car. For better fuel efficiency figures, it is always recommended to shift to a higher gear early as lower gears consume more fuel.
Apart from that, shifting up at 2,000rpm in petrol cars and shifting up at 1,500rpm to 1,700rpm in diesel cars will also improve the fuel efficiency figures.
Driving without AC in cars is not recommended nowadays as the pollutants in the air can accelerate the ageing of the interior of the car. However, using AC can negatively affect the fuel efficiency of your car, you can actually limit this to a certain extent.
To limit the drop in fuel efficiency while using AC, do not keep the AC at its coldest setting as it can affect the fuel efficiency considerably. However, the fan speed of the AC doesn't affect the fuel efficiency.
Servicing your car at manufacturer recommended regular intervals can improve the fuel efficiency of your car. Apart from that, it also helps improve the life of the car.
Keep It Light & Tidy
Heavier the car, the more fuel it consumes for the same distance. So, to improve fuel economy, do not add unnecessary weights/accessories that you are not using such as child seats, bicycle rack, roof rack, roof box, etc.
Plan Your Trip
Sometimes taking the shorter distance might not be the most fuel-efficient way as it may require you to constantly hustle through gears due to bad roads or excessive traffic. So, plan the trip route accordingly where you can maintain consistent speeds.
Thoughts About Improving Fuel Economy Of Your Car
The best way to improve the fuel economy of your car is to make some minor corrections in driving style and take care of a few basic things in the car as mentioned above. Moreover, extracting more fuel economy from your car can be a fun task.