- Sports SRH vs PBKS IPL 2022: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights, Score
- Movies Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Actor Karan Mehra Accuses Estranged Wife Nisha Rawal Of Having Extramarital Affair
- News Rain to bring respite to northwest India, intensity to peak tomorrow: IMD
- Lifestyle Expert Article: Quit Smoking To Reduce Your Risk Of Tongue Cancer
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Tesla's entry into the Indian market has been on the headlines for a while. Now, the Telangana state government has bid for Tesla to set up its production facility in the state. The fact that the state is keen to host Tesla's India operations was made apparent by a tweet sent out by the Minister of Industry and Commerce.
Tesla is the largest electric vehicle manufacturer in the world. It also makes the most advanced electric cars out there. With cars like the Model S, Model 3, Model X, and Model Y, Tesla has surpassed all previously set standards for electric cars. Simply put, EVs made by Tesla are the best in the business.
Given all the praise Tesla EVs are receiving, it was only natural for Indians to want the electric vehicles. Even before Tesla could launch its products in India, some have gone ahead and imported the cars. It was only a matter of time before Tesla would officially debut in India.
It was a year ago that Tesla opened its office in Bangalore, Karnataka and this office would spearhead all its operations to set up shop in India. After this though, there wasn't much news from the American brand, until now.
On 12 January 2022, a Twitter user named Pranay Pathole tweeted at Elon Musk asking for updates on Tesla's India launch. A day later, Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla replied to the tweet, "Still working through a lot of challenges with the government."
It has been known for a while now, that Elon Musk has been facing some challenges with the Indian government with regards to Tesla's entry into India. Tesla wants the Indian government to reduce the import duty so that Tesla can start importing its cars to India.
On 14 January 2022, KT Rama Rao, the Industry and Commerce Minister of the state of Telangana replied to Musks' tweet, "Hey Elon, I am the Industry & Commerce Minister of Telangana state in India. Will be happy to partner Tesla in working through the challenges to set shop in India/Telangana. Our state is a champion in sustainability initiatives & a top-notch business destination in India."
While the state of Telangana has extended its support to Tesla for setting up shop, the real issue Elon Musk has is with the central government and the exceptionally high Indian import taxes. India levies an import tax of around 100 percent on all cars that have a Cost, Insurance, and Freight Value of $40,000. This is the 'Challenge' that Elon Musk claims to be working on.
Thoughts On Telangana Minister Inviting Tesla To Set Up Manufacturing Facility
Tesla is a globally recognised brand that has quite literally revolutionised the EV industry. Having a Tesla facility set up in India is definitely a brilliant idea both for Tesla as well as the Indian EV industry. All eyes are now on Elon Musk, Tesla, the government of India and now the government of Telangana to see how the Tesla India story unfolds.