- 2 hrs ago Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 17 hrs ago Force Urbania Bookings Open – Limited Dealers Authorised To Accept Bookings
- 17 hrs ago Car That Inspired Time Travelling Delorean Set To Return - Getting Back To The Future
- 20 hrs ago Bollywood Actor Ram Kapoor Adds Ferrari Portofino M To His Exotic Collection
- News Without India, China holds first Indian Ocean Region meet with 19 countries
- Sports India vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI: Highlights, Post-Match Presentation as match gets washed out in Hamilton
- Movies Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 10: Not Rubina Dilaik or Faisal Shaik; THIS Contestant Will Win The Show, Claims Nikki Tamb
- Finance Geojit Recommends Accumulate This Multibagger Mid Cap Stock For Robust Gains, Target Price Rs 634
- Lifestyle Jwalamukhi Yoga 2022: Dos And Don’ts That You Need To Be Aware Of
- Technology Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
Tata Motors is gearing up to launch the Tiago EV hatchback tomorrow, and the automaker now has revealed the exterior of the upcoming electric hatchback through a teaser video. Thanks to this teaser video, we can confirm that the upcoming Tata Tiago EV sports more than a few visual enhancements.
From what has been revealed through the teaser video, we can confirm that the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will sport a completely sealed gloss-black front grille with tri-arrow patterns on either side of the grille. Apart from that, there is also a '.EV' badge on the right side of the front grille to further distinguish the electric hatchback from regular models.
Previously, Tata Motors had revealed that the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will feature the automaker's ZConnect connected car technology, leatherette seats, cruise mode, and one-pedal drive.
Moreover, it is also worth mentioning that the one-pedal drive feature on the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will help in better battery regeneration, resulting in better overall range. In addition to that, the lighter kerb weight of the hatchback body shape will also give the upcoming electric hatchback a slightly better range and performance compared to the Tata Tigor EV (sub-4m electric sedan).
We expect the upcoming Tata Tiago EV electric hatchback to feature an almost similar 350V Ziptron EV system as in the Tata Tigor EV. This means the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will come equipped with a reasonably large and adequate 26kWh battery pack.
Apart from that, the upcoming Tata Tiago EV electric hatchback is likely to pack in the same powertrain set up as the Tata Tigor EV with an electric motor capable of churning out 74bhp of peak power and 170Nm of peak torque.
Given the fact that most of the internals of the upcoming Tata Tiago EV electric hatchback is likely to be shared with the previously-launched Tata Tigor EV electric sedan, we expect Tata Motors' upcoming electric hatchback to take similar time to charge up as the Tata Tigor EV. This means the upcoming Tata Tiago EV electric hatchback is likely to take 65 minutes to charge from 0 to 80 per cent charge using a 25kW fast charger. However, charging time jumps to more than 8 hours using a 15A plug point.
In terms of range, we expect the upcoming Tata Tiago EV electric hatchback with its lighter kerb weight and better battery preservation features to come with a range of more than 300km on a single charge under ideal conditions.
At present, prices for the Tata Tigor EV range start from Rs 12.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base 'XE' trim and goes all the way up to Rs 13.64 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the top-end 'XZ+ DT' trim level. This means the upcoming Tata Tiago EV could be priced anywhere between Rs 11.00 lakh to Rs 13.10 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The Tata Tiago EV
The launch of the Tata Tiago EV in the Indian automobile market will give the automaker an opportunity to further extend its lead in the electric passenger vehicle segment in the country, especially in tier 1 and tier 2 cities.
Moreover, the launch of the Tata Tiago EV ahead of the festive season is likely to attract a lot of potential buyers to the dealerships as well. That being said, Tata Motors already has an 87 per cent market share in the electric passenger vehicle segment in the country.