- 3 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- 20 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- News People already getting 5Gs of ‘'garibi', 'ghotala', 'ghapla', 'ghalmel', 'gorakhdhanda’ under BJP: Akhilesh
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Finance 5 Stocks That Suffer Steepest Fall Of Up To 86% From 52-Week High
- Sports Women's Asia Cup: India Women vs Sri Lanka Women: Award Winners, Player Of The Match, Post-Match Presentation
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Promo: Host Insults Adi Reddy Over Surya's Negligent Behaviour In Throwing Food!
- Lifestyle Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Tata Motors has announced that the automaker has successfully rolled out 1 lakh units of Punch SUV. That being said, Tata Motors has set a new benchmark by selling 1 lakh units of Tata Punch SUV within just 10 months since its launch in October 2021.
Speaking about Tata Punch, the micro-SUV from Tata Motors has received a 5-star safety rating for adult protection by Global-NCAP and with a score of 16.45 points out of 17, making it one of the safest cars in India.
Design-wise, the Tata Punch looks very bold and almost identical to the original Tata HBX concept car that was showcased almost two years ago. Moreover, the overall design and design elements remain very little changed from the original concept car - Giving the Punch SUV a bold stance.
Speaking about the success of Tata Punch SUV in the Indian automobile market, Mr Shailesh Chandra, Managing Director, Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Ltd, said, "We are delighted to share that Punch has achieved the 1 Lakh sales mark within a short span of 10 months. It is one of the highest selling SUV from our 'New Forever' portfolio. This achievement speaks highly of the strong response from customers and we are very thankful to them for their continued trust. The Punch is our second product based on the ALFA architecture and has successfully established its popularity by creating a new segment and thereby reinforcing the four core pillars of a true SUV - Stunning Design, Versatile and Engaging Performance, Roomy and Spacious Interiors and Absolute Safety,".
Measuring at 3,827mm long, 1,742mm wide, and 1,615mm high, the Tata Punch SUV is slightly smaller than the Tata Nexon SUV and the Tata Altroz premium hatchback. Despite its relatively small footprint, the Tata Punch does sport an SUV-like stance, thanks to its tall and upright front-end design.
Features-wise, Tata Motors has loaded the new Tata Punch SUV with as many features as they can include within its small footprint and small price tag, and sports features such as a semi-digital instrument console, a large 7-inch Harman touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, iRA connected car tech, multi-function steering wheel, automatic climate control, natural voice recognition function for voice commands, smart keyless entry, push-button start/stop, power-operated ORVMs with auto-folding, cruise control and many more.
In addition to all these features, Tata Motors has added a feature called 'Terrainpro' technology that urges the user to activate the system when the car detects traction loss at one of its wheels. Once the system is activated by the user, the infotainment system will display a set of instructions on to assist the user get out of the low-traction situation.
One of the reasons for the Tata Punch's 5-Star safety rating could be credited to its ALFA-ARC platform that also underpins the Tata Altroz premium hatchback. Moreover, the Tata Punch comes with top-notch safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and cornering stability control, ISOFIX child seats, first-in-segment 'Brake Sway Control', and many more.
Powering the Tata Punch SUV is an uprated Revotron petrol engine. This engine is a 3-cylinder, 1.2L, naturally-aspirated petrol engine with 84.48bhp of peak power at 6,000 rpm and 113Nm of peak torque at 3,300 rpm. Also, the Tata Punch comes with a choice of either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed AMT gearbox - Giving great flexibility to its customers as well.
Thoughts About Tata Punch
Tata Punch offers everything you look for in a small sub-4m SUV, despite the price hike witnessed on the base and mid variants, the micro-SUV still offers great value for money. Moreover, the new Tata Punch is the safest SUV currently available in the market, which makes it an even more tempting proposition.