- 7 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 11 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Movies Makers Of Janhit Mein Jaari Have Been Approached For The Regional Remake Rights Of The Social-comedy
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Road accidents are the leading cause of injuries and death in India and a recent video featuring the Tata Punch SUV shows the worth of a 5-Star safety rating in crash testing. In the recent viral video, the Tata Punch SUV can be seen losing control and crashing into a pile of bricks placed on the side of the road.
Thankfully, everyone in the car was safe and no one was hurt in the accident. From the video, it can be seen that the car was speeding and the driver lost control of the car. Also, the damage sustained on the Tata Punch SUV was minimum despite crashing into the pile of bricks.
Speaking about the Tata Punch, the micro-SUV from Tata Motors is one of the safest SUVs in India with a 5-star safety rating for adult protection from G-NCAP. Looking into the numbers, the Tata Punch scored 16.45 points out of 17 points in the G-NCAP crash testing.
Under the skin, the Tata Punch SUV uses the same ALFA-ARC platform as the Tata Altroz premium hatchback. In addition to that, the Tata Punch also comes equipped with safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, cornering stability control (CSC), ISOFIX child seats, BSC (Brake Sway Control), and many more.
In terms of design, the Tata Punch SUV looks very bold despite its small footprint, thanks to its similar design to the original Tata HBX concept SUV. In terms of size, the Tata Punch is smaller than Tata Nexon and measures 3,827mm long, 1,742mm wide, and 1,615mm tall.
Moreover, Tata Punch SUV comes with many features such as a large 7-inch Harman touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, a semi-digital instrument console, a multi-function steering wheel,
iRA connected car tech, automatic climate control, natural voice recognition function for voice commands, smart keyless entry, push-button start/stop, power-operated ORVMs with auto-folding, cruise control and many more.
Tata Motors has also added a very useful feature called ‘Terrainpro'. The system urges the driver to activate the system when the car detects traction loss at its wheels. Once the Terrainpro system is activated by the driver, the infotainment unit starts to display a series of instructions to help the driver out of the low-traction situation.
The Tata Punch is powered by a 3-cylinder, 1.2L naturally-aspirated, Revotron petrol engine with ‘Dynapro Technology'. This engine produces 84.48bhp of peak power at 6,000rpm and 113Nm of peak torque at 3,300rpm.
Moreover, the Tata Punch comes with a choice of either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
Recently, Tata Motors revised the prices of Tata Punch and the prices for the micro-SUV now starts from Rs 5.82 lakh (ex-showroom, India). This means the price of the base ‘Pure' variant of the Tata Punch is now up by Rs 15,000.
Thoughts About Tata Punch
The new Tata Punch is currently some of the safest SUVs you can buy in the Indian automobile market. Moreover, the micro-SUV still offers great value for money with its spacious cabin and long feature list.