- News French Air Force contingent, including Rafale jets, makes stopover in India
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada OTT: Arjun Ramesh Becomes First Captain Of The Season; Akshatha Kuki Named Worst Performer
- Finance Cryptocurrency Marginally Bullish, Bitcoin Gains To US$ 24,200, At 2 Months High Today
- Sports Pakistan's Babar Azam backs Hasan to make comeback
- Technology Redmi A1 India Launch Likely Nearing; Could Arrive As Poco Phone
- Education SWAYAM 2022: Last Day To Register Is Tomorrow, Hurry up Apply Here
- Lifestyle Princess Diana’s 10 Most Iconic Fashion Moments Of All Time
- Travel The Breadknife: Australia's Prime Attraction
Indian carmaker Tata Motors has launched the new XM+ (S) variant of the Nexon. Prices for the Tata Nexon XM+ (S) start at Rs 9.75 lakh. The new XM+(S) variant replaces the XZ model in the Nexon lineup.
The Tata Nexon XM+ (S) is offered in both petrol and diesel guises and with both manual and automatic gearbox options. The petrol manual XM+ (S) is priced at Rs 9.75 lakh while the automatic version commands a price tag of Rs 10.40 lakhs. The diesel manual XM+ (S) is priced at Rs 11.05 lakhs while the automatic version is priced at Rs 11.70 lakhs. The new petrol manual XM+ (S) version of the Nexon is Rs 11,000 more expensive than the XZ variant it replaces while the diesel model is Rs 33,000 dearer.
But the extra money for the new model brings you a whole lot more tech compared to the XZ variant that the new model replaces. On top of the XM (S) variant of the Nexon, the new XM+ (S) gets the 7-inch Harman touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support seen on the discontinued XZ variant.
The XM+ (S) also borrows a few features from XZ+ variant including a shark fin antenna, a cooled glove box, rear AC vents and a 12V power socket for passengers at the rear. The XM+ (S) variants of the Nexon also feature the automatic gearbox which was not a feature offered in the XZ variant.
With the addition of the new XM+ (S) variant and the removal of the XZ model, the Tata Nexon is now offered in 8 trims - XE, XM, XM(S), XM+(S), XZ+, XZ+(HS), XZ+(O) and XZ+(P).
Tata Motors recently hiked the prices of its entire lineup in India including the Nexon. All Nexon except the XM (S) diesel variants by Rs 5,000. The Nexon XM (S) diesel saw its price raised by Rs 15,000.
There are no mechanical changes on the new XM+ (S) variant so it continues to draw power from either a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol or a 1.5-litre turbo diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 118bhp and 170Nm of torque while the diesel powerplant pushes out 108bhp and 260Nm of peak torque. Both engine options are offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed AMT gearbox options.
Thoughts About The New Tata Nexon XM+ (S)
The Tata Nexon XM+ (S) variant brings with a a few extra features at a slightly higher price than the XZ trim level that has been replaced which makes it quite a good deal for those looking for a good deal when heading in to buying a Nexon.