- 1 hr ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 3 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launch This Month – Bookings Already Open
- 1 day ago 2023 BMW S 1000 RR Showcased At IBW 2022 – Launch On December 10
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Priyanka Chahar Chaudhary Says ‘Ghar Basana Hai'; Archana Promises To Hunt A Suitable Groom
- News Now, Congress leader asks Modi govt to take back PoK
- Technology Google Testing End-to-End Encryption For Group Messages; Emoji Support Also Expected
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Large Cap Banking Stock, Shares Can Surge Up To 24%, Says Motilal Oswal
- Education CLAT 2023 Admit Card will be Out Tomorrow; Know How to Download
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: How 'Mad' Mehidy and friend Mustafizur guided Bangla to 1-wicket win
- Lifestyle Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
Tata Nexon EV Max becomes the first-ever electric car to reach Umling La - The world's highest motorable road. With this new record, the Tata Nexon EV Max enters the India Book of Records. Umling La is located in Ladakh at an altitude of 19,024 Ft above sea level.
Speaking about the record-setting run, a team of expert drivers piloted the Tata Nexon EV Max electric car from Leh, and the journey was completed on September 18.
Speaking about the Tata Nexon EV Max, the electric SUV comes with a bigger battery pack compared to the standard Tata Nexon EV electric SUV. Moreover, the Tata Nexon EV Max is available in two trim levels - XZ+ and XZ+ Lux.
At present, prices for the Tata Nexon EV Max electric SUV starts from Rs 18.34 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and goes all the way up to Rs 19.84 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thanks to the larger battery pack, the claimed range of the new Tata Nexon EV Max is rated to be 437km, which is 125kms more than the standard variant of the Tata Nexon EV. Speaking about the upgraded battery pack, the battery pack in the Tata Nexon EV Max is rated at 40.5kWh.
While the real-world range of the standard variant of the Tata Nexon EV is around 250kms, it is safe to say that the real-world range of the new Tata Nexon EV Max electric SUV is expected to be a smidge more than the 300km mark.
It is worth-mentioning that the larger battery pack on the new Tata Nexon EV Max is around 70kgs heavier than the battery pack on the standard variant of the Tata Nexon EV. However, the overall weight of the Tata Nexon EV Max is 100kgs heavier than the standard Tata Nexon EV - This additional 30kgs of weight could be due to the added features and more powerful powertrain.
Speaking about the powertrain, Tata Motors has equipped the Tata Nexon EV with a more powerful 143bhp electric motor with 250Nm of peak torque to compensate for the additional weight. Moreover, Tata Motors has equipped the Tata Nexon EV Max with retuned suspension and upgraded brakes as well.
Thanks to this upgraded powertrain, the performance figures of the Tata Nexon EV Max have improved significantly over the standard iteration of the Tata Nexon EV. As a result, 0 - 100km/h sprint now takes just 9 seconds and the top speed is rated at 140km/h.
In terms of charging, the Tata Nexon EV Max comes with a 3.3kW AC charger as standard, but customers have an option to upgrade to a faster 7.2kW charger by paying an additional amount. This upgrade will reduce the charging time from 15-16 hours to just 5-6 hours.
Cosmetically, changes on the exterior are minimum with changes such as a set of new 16-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels, an exclusive intensi-teal dual-tone paint job, a new dual-tone black and beige interior, and a more stylish rotary-style gear selector with a digital display.
Noticeable features on the Tata Nexon EV Max electric SUV include ventilated front seats, wireless charger, air purifier, electronic parking brake, auto-hold function, variable regenerative braking, cruise control, hill descent control, ESP and much more.
Thoughts About Tata Nexon EV Max Electric SUV
The larger battery pack on the Tata Nexon EV Max has given the electric SUV the much-needed additional range. With this new record-setting run to Umling La, Tata Motors has proved the mettle of the Tata Nexon EV Max.