- 9 hrs ago Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 24 hrs ago Force Urbania Bookings Open – Limited Dealers Authorised To Accept Bookings
- 24 hrs ago Car That Inspired Time Travelling Delorean Set To Return - Getting Back To The Future
- 1 day ago Bollywood Actor Ram Kapoor Adds Ferrari Portofino M To His Exotic Collection
- Sports PKL: Tamil Thalaivas vs Gujarat Giants, Highlights: Ajinkya Pawar leads Thalaivas to thrilling victory
- Education IIT Madras, Australian varsities to launch 'Australia-India Centre for Energy'
- News Maharashtra: Part of footbridge collapses at Chandrapur railway station, several injured
- Movies Gashmeer Mahajani Opens Up About Starring In Nushrratt Bharuccha’s Chhorii 2: I Was On Board Within 10 Minutes
- Lifestyle Signs That You Are Too Emotionally Dependent On Your Partner
- Finance Top Brokerages Suggests Accumulate Two Multibagger Large Cap & Small Cap Stocks For High Returns
- Technology Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
Tata Motors has now revealed that the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will feature connected car technology. This will be facilitated by the automaker's ZConnect technology which is already put to good use in other Tata electric vehicles. Apart from that, the connected car tech will also be compatible with wearables.
Moreover, it is also worth mentioning that the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will come with premium leatherette seats. However, this trim is more likely to be offered only in the top-spec variant of the upcoming electric hatchback.
That being said, Tata Motors had earlier revealed that the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will feature cruise mode and one-pedal drive mode. Out of these two drive modes, the one-pedal drive mode will help the vehicle with better energy regeneration, resulting in better battery preservation.
Speaking about the upcoming Tata Tiago EV, the lighter kerb weight of the hatchback body shape will give the upcoming electric hatchback a slightly better range and performance than the Tata Tigor EV (sub-4m electric sedan).
Thanks to lighter kerb weight and new battery preservation features, we expect the upcoming Tata Tiago EV to deliver more than 300km range under ideal conditions.
Speaking of the range, the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will be powered by an advanced 350V Ziptron EV system, which uses a 26kWh battery pack. Also, the electric motor in the upcoming Tata Tiago EV is likely to be the same as the one in the Tata Tigor EV with 74bhp of peak power and 170Nm of peak torque.
Given the fact that most of the internals of the upcoming Tata Tiago EV will be shared with the Tata Tigor EV. We expect Tata Motors' upcoming electric hatchback to take a similar time to charge up as the Tata Tigor EV.
This means the upcoming Tata Tiago EV is likely to take 65 minutes to charge from 0 to 80 per cent charge using a 25kW fast charger, and more than 8 hours using a 15A plug point.
At present, prices for the Tata Tigor EV range start from Rs 12.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base XE trim and goes all the way up to Rs 13.64 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the top-end XZ+ DT trim level. This means the upcoming Tata Tiago EV could be priced anywhere between Rs 11.50 lakh to Rs 13.25 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The Tata Tiago EV
When launched, the Tata Tiago EV will be the country's only electric hatchback and such a product will appeal to many car buyers in tier 1 and tier 2 cities where traffic congestion is on the higher side. Also, the launch of the Tata Tiago EV will help the automaker further assert its dominance in the electric passenger vehicle segment.
Moreover, the launch of the Tata Tiago EV can attract a lot of potential buyers to dealerships, especially in metro cities. Also, the positioning of the Tata Tiago EV as the ‘most affordable EV' can stir a lot of interest in potential EV buyers as well.