- 8 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 13 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 1 day ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 1 day ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Sports Top javelin thrower Shivpal Singh handed 4-year ban for failing dope test
- Finance Post Office Saving Schemes Interest Rates Rise, Check Interest Rates Here
- Movies Adipurush Teaser Review: Prabhas Embodies Lord Rama Completely In The Animated Epic Battle Of Good And Evil
- News Security beefed up at Mumbai airport over hoax bomb threat
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Tata Motors is gearing up to launch the CNG version of the Tata Altroz premium hatchback in India. Moreover, the model has been recently spotted testing in India with emission testing equipment.
It is also worth mentioning that, unlike most test mules, this particular test vehicle did not sport any camouflage stickers on it and the CNG version of the Tata Altroz premium hatchback seems almost ready for production.
When launched, Tata Motors will not only expand its CNG product portfolio, but the launch of the Tata Altroz CNG could help Tata Motors drive up the overall sales figures and further expand its market share in the growing premium hatchback segment in India.
The upcoming CNG version of the Tata Altroz premium hatchback is likely to be powered by the same engine that powers the Tata Tiago CNG hatchback and Tata Tigor CNG compact sedan. This means the upcoming Tata Altroz CNG is likely to use the tried-and-tested 1.2-litre, naturally-aspirated engine.
This engine in the Tata Tiago CNG and Tata Tigor CNG produces 84.82bhp of peak power and 113Nm of peak torque in standard form. However, with the CNG fuel, this engine produces a respectable 73bhp of power and 95Nm of torque. Moreover, this engine comes with a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard.
the Tata Altroz is one of the safest hatchbacks you can buy in the country and it comes with a 5-Star safety rating for adult occupant protection from Global-NCAP. Other than this, the Tata Altroz premium hatchback also comes with safety techs such as multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX points, and much more.
In addition to this, Tata Motors is likely to equip the CNG version of the Tata Altroz with slightly stiffer suspension to cope with the additional weight of the CNG kit.
The Tata Altroz is already a very well-equipped premium hatchback with plenty of features and tech, and we do not expect to see additional features in the CNG variant of the upcoming Tata Altroz premium hatchback.
As such, the upcoming Tata Altoz CNG is likely to come equipped with features such as iRA-connected car technology, a touchscreen infotainment system, a 7-inch TFT digital instrument cluster, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, cruise control, rear AC vents, and many more.
Thoughts About Tata Altroz CNG
Given the rising fuel prices, and high fuel efficiency offered by CNG vehicles, the launch of the Altroz CNG is a very sensible option for Tata Motors. Moreover, the lack of CNG version makes the Tata Altroz less attractive for many urbanites in the country.
As such, the launch of the CNG variant of the Altroz, Tata Motors can attract more buyers in tier 1 and tier 2 cities.
Also, in a bid further improve the sales of Tata Altroz in its segment, Tata Motors recently introduced the automatic variant of the premium hatchback in India. However, what makes Tata Altroz DCA special is that the model uses dual-clutch transmission.