- 10 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 15 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 1 day ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 1 day ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Sports If father would have been alive, he would be happiest: Mukesh on India call up
- News Braving rains, Rahul Gandhi addresses gathering in Mysuru; video goes viral
- Movies Bigg Boss 16 Day 1 Live Updates: And So, On The Very First Day, #KhelGayeBiggBoss
- Finance Post Office Saving Schemes Interest Rates Rise, Check Interest Rates Here
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Skoda Auto India has re-opened bookings for the Skoda Kodiaq SUV in India. The booking amount for the new Skoda Kodiaq SUV is capped at Rs 50,000, however, the big news is its new updated price tag.
Thanks to increased production costs and inflation, prices for the new Skoda Kodiaq SUV now start from Rs 37.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base 'Style' trim. Whereas the top-end Skoda Kodiaq 'Laurin & Klement' trim level now costs Rs 39.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
In between these two variants, Skoda is also offering a mid- variant called the 'Sportline', which is now priced at Rs 38.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Overall, the new prices on an average are around Rs 2.5 lakh more expensive.
In India, the Skoda Kodiq SUV competes directly with other monocoque premium SUVs such as the newly launched Jeep Meridian SUV, and Volkswagen Tiguan. However, at this price range, the Skoda Kodiaq also competes with other SUVs such as the Toyota Fortuner, and MG Gloster as well.
Speaking about the Skoda Kodiaq, the SUV was launched earlier this year, but the Czech automaker quickly halted the bookings after selling out the entire year's production within just 20 days after the launch of the SUV in the country.
Moreover, the Skoda Kodiaq unlike the Toyota Fortuner is not manufactured in India, but it is assembled (Completely Knocked Down - CKD) at the automaker's factory in Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
"I can't say how many [we have planned], but I can assure you and everyone that it is a good number of units and we will be able to satisfy the demand. While we are opening bookings for deliveries in the first quarter of 2023, we already have a plan in place for the rest of the year and will take orders quarter-wise.", said Mr Zac Hollis, brand director, Skoda India.
Mechanically, the new Skoda Kodiaq SUV is similar to the model launched earlier this year, and continues to be powered by the same 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged TFSI petrol engine. This engine puts out a respectable 188bhp of peak power and 320Nm of peak torque.
To make maximum use of the power and torque from this engine, Skoda has used a 7-speed twin-clutch DSG automatic gearbox. It is also worth mentioning that all variants of the new Skoda Kodiaq SUV will get an all-wheel-drive system as standard.
Notable features of the Skoda Kodiaq include a large touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple Car Play and Android Auto, voice command function, large panoramic sunroof, 12-speaker CANTON music system, 12-way electrically adjustable front seats with memory function, 3-Zone climate control, LED projector headlamps, LED tail lamps, ambient lighting, differential locks and much more.
In terms of safety, the Skoda Kodiaq SUV gets 9 airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, traction control (TC), rain-sensing wipers, rear parking sensors, 360-degree surround-view camera, hill descent control and more.
Thoughts About Skoda Kodiaq SUV
If you are looking for a premium 7-seater SUV with tremendous mile-munching capabilities, the Skoda Kodiaq SUV should be on top of your list. Also, the new turbocharged petrol powertrain makes it even more delightful to drive as well.