- 50 min ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 2 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launch This Month – Bookings Already Open
- 1 day ago 2023 BMW S 1000 RR Showcased At IBW 2022 – Launch On December 10
- News Germany lauds India for clearer positioning of G20 on Russia-Ukraine war
- Technology James Webb Chronicles Its Best Pillars Of Creation Image Yet
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Large Cap Banking Stock, Shares Can Surge Up To 24%, Says Motilal Oswal
- Education CLAT 2023 Admit Card will be Out Tomorrow; Know How to Download
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: How 'Mad' Mehidy and friend Mustafizur guided Bangla to 1-wicket win
- Movies Urfi Javed Exposes A Group Of Teenagers Making Abusing Calls, Says Will File Police Complaint
- Lifestyle Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
Skoda Auto India has witnessed a 17 per cent increase in its YoY sales figures as the Czech automaker managed to sell 3,543 units of its passenger cars in the last month alone. In comparison, Skoda Auto India managed to sell just 3,027 units of its cars in September 2021.
Apart from that, Skoda Auto India sold 4,222 units of its cars in August 2022, this has resulted in a minor dip in MoM sales figures of the brand. However, we expect the upcoming festive season to drive-up the overall sales figures in the coming months.
At present, the Skoda Kushaq SUV is leading the charge for the Czech automaker in India with consistent MoM sales performance. As such, Skoda Kushaq SUV has been a game changer for the Czech automaker in the country.
With an average sales of 2,386 units per month, Skoda Auto India has sold 28,629 units of the Skoda Kushaq SUVs in the country (till June 2022). Earlier, in a bid to further improve the sales figures, Skoda introduced yet another variant of the Skoda Kushaq SUV in India called the Skoda Kushaq 'NSR'.
This model comes with a more lucrative price tag of Rs 15.09 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The 'NSR' in the name stands for "Non-Sunroof" and this latest variant is based on the 'Style' trim level of the SUV. This is a clever move to overcome the price hike and semiconductor shortage.
Apart from the sunroof, features such as auto-dimming rearview mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, and a larger spare wheel, have been deleted in the new NSR variant of the Skoda Kushaq SUV. As a result, this model is around Rs 20,000 cheaper than the standard 'Style' variant of the Skoda Kushaq SUV.
However, the rest of the features in the new Skoda Kushaq NSR remain identical to the 'Style' variant of the SUV and continues to sport other features such as a large 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Connectivity, auto climate control, rear AC vents, cooled glove box, push-button start/stop, wireless charger, cruise control, rear parking camera, auto headlamps, ambient lighting and much more.
In addition to that, the safety systems on the Skoda Kushaq SUV include features such as multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, Traction Control System (TCS), tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), hill-start assist, ISOFIX points, brake disc wiping, and much more.
Coming to the powertrain, the Skoda Kushaq SUV comes with two petrol engine options. The base powertrain unit is a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder unit with 115bhp of peak power and 178Nm of peak torque. On the other hand, the more powerful 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder engine produces 148bhp of peak power and 250Nm of peak torque.
It is also worth mentioning that, both the engines are offered with manual and automatic gearbox options. However, the 1.0 TSI engine features a 6-speed automatic gearbox instead of the 7-speed DCT gearbox seen in the 1.5 TSI variant.
Post the price hike, the Skoda Kushaq SUV prices start from Rs 11.29 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base 'Active' variant.
Thoughts About Skoda Auto India
Both the Skoda Kushaq and Skoda Slavia are well-rounded products with a long feature list, spacious interiors, and punchy yet fuel-efficient powertrain options. However, the competition is much more intense now, and Skoda has to come up with a different strategy to further improve its sales.