- 6 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 10 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Movies Makers Of Janhit Mein Jaari Have Been Approached For The Regional Remake Rights Of The Social-comedy
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
French car manufacturer Renault has unveiled the Scenic Vision concept. The Renault Scenic Vision Concept previews an upcoming all-electric SUV which is set to arrive in 2024.
Renault Scenic Vision Concept Powertrain
While the Scenic SUV set to arrive in 2024 will be a battery-electric vehicle, the Scenic Vision Concept previews tech that could be seen a few more years down the line.
The new Scenic Vision takes the current Renault Megane E-Tech's front axle mounted motor that is good for 215bhp and pairs it with a 40kWh battery pack. In addition to this, the Scenic Vision concept adds a 15kW hydrogen fuel to the mix which is kept under the floor of the SUV and recharges the concept vehicle as it moves down the road.
Renault claims that in the 2030s, Hydrogen refuelling stations will be common enough to allow the Scenic Vision to go a distance of 500 miles (804.67km) without stopping to charge. Instead, the French carmaker states that drivers will only have to stop for 5 minutes to refuel the hydrogen tank that weighs just 2.5 kilogrammes.
Renault states that 95 per cent of the Renault Scenic Vision concept's materials including the battery pack are recyclable. All the materials used for the exterior - steel, aluminium, carbon fibre and plastics - can be recycled at the end of their life. Renault states that once a battery is no longer fit to power a vehicle, its energy can be reused in stationary storage solutions in homes or offices, or elsewhere (in boats, refrigeration systems, machinery or airport logistics, for instance).
The new Renault Scenic Vision concept is 4490mm long, 1900mm wide and 1590mm tall. The Renault Scenic Vision's wheelbase measures 2,835mm long.
Renault Scenic Vision Design & Features
The Renault Scenic Vision Design sports a rather conventional two-box design. The front end while a bit boxy looks quite similar to the ones seen on conventional Renault SUVs.
The only major concept car flashes of exuberance can be found on the sides with the suicide rear doors, the lack of a B-pillar and the large 21-inch alloy wheels which sport a rather unique design which aids the aero profile of the concept SUV. Other fancy touches include the illuminated C-pillar and Renault badge at the rear.
The insides of the Renault Scenic Vision concept SUV though are as zany as they come. The concept car sports a futuristic four-seater cabin which is predominantly white in colour and made mostly from recycled materials. The concept sports a very large display that stretches across the dashboard of the concept car.
The Renault Scenic Vision concept comes packed with the latest safety features and driver aids including multiple ADAS systems, and three onboard systems 'Safety Score', 'Safety Coach', and 'Safe Guardian', which Renault claims will ensure extra safety for all, providing a unique level of both physical and psychological comfort.
Thoughts On the Renault Scenic Vision Concept
The Renault Scenic Vision concept gives us a first look at a brand new SUV set to arrive in 2024. The Renault Scenic Vision also gives us a glimpse into our future where hydrogen fuel cells and battery power combine to give us range anxiety free electric cars.