- 16 hrs ago 2023 BMW X1 & iX1 India Launch Tomorrow – Here’s Everything You Should Know
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny & Fronx Clock More Than 14,000 Bookings – Waiting Period Shoots Up
- 20 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta Bookings Reopen – Updated Diesel Engine, Features & More
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Front Suspension Issue – Official Statement Out
- Lifestyle How To Discipline Children Without Punishment
- News PM Modi in Rajasthan today to take part in birth anniversary celebrations of Lord Devnarayan
- Finance 'Sebi' Bans 19 Entities From Securities Mkt For Fraudulent Trading In Superior Finlease Shares
- Sports Athlete turned entrepreneur Diksha Chhillar is bringing new waves of change in sports industry
- Movies Throwback: Priyanka Choudhary Reveals Ankit Gupta’s First Compliment For Her; Says ‘Isne Mujhe Bola Ki….’
- Technology Poco X5 Pro 5G Global Variant Listing Indicates A Rebranded Redmi Note 12 Series Smartphone
- Travel Tata, Infosys Showing Interest In Monument Mitra Scheme, Know What It Is
- Education Professional Students' Summit-2023 to be held in Kerala
Bengaluru-based EV startup, Pravaig has finally launched the long-awaited Defy SUV in India at Rs 39.5 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
While the company's roots can be traced back to Jaipur where it was making specialist off-road buggies with the backing of Eren Group in France. As such, here are the top 5 things about the Pravaig Defy.
In terms of powertrain, the Pravaig Defy uses an AWD platform consisting of two electric motors. This dual electric motor setup together produces 405bhp of peak power and 620Nm of peak torque - This puts the Pravaig Defy on par with premium electric SUVs such as Audi e-tron, Mercedes-Benz EQC, and Jaguar iPace.
Battery, Range & Charging
Pravaig has not made any compromises, the Defy electric SUV is equipped with a large 90.9kWh Li-ion battery pack. According to Pravaig, this large battery pack is good for 500 kilometres of real-world range. Furthermore, the Pravaig Defy can be charged using a 150kW DC charger and customers can also use the optional 7.2kW home charger as well.
While Pravaig has not disclosed any details regarding the dealerships or service centres, the Bengaluru-based EV startup claims that the newly launched Defy SUV can be serviced at 34,000 PIN codes across the country along with emergency roadside assistance. Furthermore, Pravaig provides 1 year of complimentary service with Defy SUV.
Interior & Technology
Like most EVs, the Pravaig Defy electric SUV is loaded to the brim with technology. Noticeable features include a large 15.6-inch infotainment unit with navigation, 5G connectivity, on-board gaming. Moreover, the Defy electric SUV comes with features such as a 10-inch digital instrument cluster, a 3D audio system from Devialet, multi-zone climate control, wireless charging and a lot more.
Additionally, the Pravaig Defy electric SUV can be specified as a 4-seater. This iteration of the electric SUV comes with two captain seats on the rear row. Moreover, this model comes with additional features such as two individual 15.6 screens for the rear seat passengers, a 240V outlet, and a wireless charger.
Coming to the safety, Pravaig has equipped the Defy electric SUV with all the modern safety features such as a 360-degree surround-view camera, four-wheel disc brakes, ABS with EBD, six airbags, tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) and more. Moreover, the Praviag has even equipped the Defy electric SUV with a 77Ghz solid state radar for active safety systems as well.
Thoughts About The Pravaig Defy Electric SUV
Though Pravaig is just a startup electric vehicle manufacturer, the specifications revealed by the company for Defy electric SUV says otherwise. However, despite having a solid specification sheet, it is yet to be seen how the electric SUV performs in real life.