- 9 hrs ago Ford India Extends Production At Its Chennai Facility Amidst Protest
- 23 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio N - All Variants Engine & Other Specifications Leaked
- 1 day ago Upcoming Toyota Hyryder Hybrid SUV Teased Ahead Of The Launch
- 1 day ago Bharat NCAP Draft Notification Approved By MoRTH: Everything You Need To Know
- News Bypolls: PM Modi hails ‘historic’ win in UP
- Lifestyle International Day Against Drug Abuse: Effects Of Drug Abuse On Teens, Treatment And Helpline Numbers
- Finance Multibagger IT Software Stock Paying 3000% Final Dividend Will Turn Ex-Dividend Next Week
- Sports Former ICC elite panel umpire Asad Rauf runs a clothes shop in Pakistan, here's the reason why
- Movies IIFA 2022: Watch The IIFA Green Carpet And Awards Ceremony Live On Dailyhunt
- Education SBI CBO Final Result 2022 Released, Download SBI Circle Based Officer 2022 Final Result PDF At sbi.co.in
- Technology Week 25, 2022 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy F13, Tecno POVA 3, POCO X4 GT, iQOO U5e, Xiaomi Book S, And More
- Travel 5 Best Easy Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
India's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki is set to launch the next-gen Eeco van during the festive Dussehra-Diwali period claims a new report.
According to the report by ET Auto, the current version of the Maruti Eeco will be taken off the production lines by the end of July. Maruti Suzuki will then a launch the next-gen Eeco van around the Dusshera-Diwali festive period.
The Eeco is sold in both the passenger and commercial vehicles segments and has been a steady performer for the Maruti Suzuki brand in India. In the financial year 2021/22, Maruti sold around 9,500 units of the Eeco van every month.
The Maruti Suzuki arrived in 2010 and is considered by many as the spiritual successor to the Omni van. Like the Omni, the Eeco arrived with a strong ladder frame chassis, sliding rear doors, and small naturally aspirated petrol engine which sent power to the rear wheels. The eeco added more space on the inside - good for 7 passengers or a whole load of cargo - while also adding a factory-fitted CNG option for those looking to save even more on their fuel bills.
However, the Eeco lacked quite a few features including power steering, and air conditioning as standard features. With the new Eeco, Maruti Suzuki seems to be looking towards the export market and the new Maruti Suzuki Eeco will feature power steering and other basic features like AC, steering and seat adjustment as standard fitment from the factory.
The next generation of the Eexo is also expected to be a lot more safer if it has to comply wih upcoming safety measures that will go into effect later this year. The current Eeco has been offered with dual front air bags as standard since the end of 2021.
Underneath the bonnet, the new Eeco is expected to get an upgrade. With no news of any new engine on the horizon, we expect the new Eeco to get an updated version of the current Eeco van's 1.2-litre engine which can run on both petrol and CNG.
The next-gen Eeco is not the only new utility vehicle that Maruti Suzuki is looking to launch in the coming months. The launch of the second generation of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza compact SUV is just around the corner and will spawn a re-badged Toyota Urban cruiser as well. The new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will bring with it a host of changes both cosmetic and mechanical.
Post that, Maruti's new Creta challenger is expected to arrive sometime by the end of the year. The new mid-size SUV will feature a strong hybrid system similar to the one seen on higher end Toyotas like the Camry and the new Honda City eHEV.
Thoughts On The Next-Gen Maruti Eeco
THe next generation of the Maruti Suzuki Eeco is expected to bring more features and a new design to the undisputed king of the van segment in India. Hopefully all the changes will work out and help the next-gen Eeco fill the boots of its predecessor.