- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 20 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Honda has released the teaser images of its upcoming SUV, the Honda HR-V. As per the released images, the updated model looks more aggressive and sportier. However, the Honda HR-V is only available in select markets and the teaser is meant for the United States market.
At present, Honda's product portfolio in India consists of 5 models - Honda Jazz, Honda WR-V, Honda Amaze, Honda City (4th Generation) and Honda City (5th Generation).
This means, despite the strong SUV trend in the country, Honda lacks a proper SUV in the Indian market. Though Honda WR-V competes in the compact SUV segment, it is actually based on the Honda Jazz.
Coming back to the Honda HR-V, even in global markets, the SUV body style is trending among buyers and Honda is looking forward to capitalising on this trend by launching the updated Honda HR-V in the United States automobile market.
Going by the images, the design of the updated Honda HR-V for the US market carries a bit more aggression and sportiness than the outgoing model. Moreover, the bold front grille and sleek headlamps add character to the vehicle.
To induce sportiness in the design, Honda has also incorporated large air intakes and black elements around it. Going as per the trend, the headlamps come with DRLs, making them look a bit sharper and contemporary.
Moving to the sides, the upcoming updatedHonda HR-V seems to have gained a bit of bulk and the strong shoulder line towards the rear add a lot of sporty vibe to the overall design.
On the back side, the taillights look a bit sharper, whereas the rear bumper has been reprofiled and given a body-coloured rear skid plate.
We still cannot comment about the interior of the Honda HR-V as Honda is yet to release the interior images or sketches. However, we believe the upcoming Honda HR-V will sport a typical Honda interior with plenty of storage spaces and a slightly driver-focussed cabin.
According to rumours, this new Honda HR-V will be primarily designed for the US market and the rest of the markets will continue with the current model.
However, if any market demands an update for the Honda HR-V, Honda is most likely to use this update there to reduce development costs.
Thoughts About Honda HR-V
The Honda HR-V has always been a decent and practical 5-seater SUV for a small family. The new update brings a lot more style to this equation and adds a bit more desirability.
Since Honda lacks SUV in the Indian market, it seems ideal for Honda to launch this variant of the Honda HR-V in India. The lack of SUVs in Honda's product portfolio is clearly visible as the sales have dwindled down over the years.
We think it is high time for Honda to introduce an SUV like HR-V in the Indian market even if the company is making less profit than other cars in its product portfolio.