- 1 hr ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 2 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- 4 hrs ago TVS Buys 75% Stake In SEMG — Forays into E-Bike Market
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Micra Replacement Will Be Fully Electric
- Movies Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's Harshad Chopda Talks About Content; Reveals Why He Hasn't Done Any OTT Projects
- Sports Ranji Trophy: BCCI to conduct premier domestic tournament in 2 parts, league phase in February, KOs in June
- News PM Narendra Modi inspects National Cadet Corps NCC rally at Cariappa Ground in Delhi
- Finance Union Budget 2022: No Halwa Ceremony This Year To Maintain Safety Protocol
- Technology Facebook Messenger Introduces Snapchat-Like Screenshot Notification; GIFs, Message Reaction Also Added
- Lifestyle Expert Article: 7 Warning Signs Of Brain Tumour To Be Aware Of
- Education Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary: Some Lesser-Known Facts About Punjab Kesari
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In Winter Of 2022
Honda has released the teaser images of its upcoming SUV, the Honda HR-V. As per the released images, the updated model looks more aggressive and sportier. However, the Honda HR-V is only available in select markets and the teaser is meant for the United States market.
At present, Honda's product portfolio in India consists of 5 models - Honda Jazz, Honda WR-V, Honda Amaze, Honda City (4th Generation) and Honda City (5th Generation).
This means, despite the strong SUV trend in the country, Honda lacks a proper SUV in the Indian market. Though Honda WR-V competes in the compact SUV segment, it is actually based on the Honda Jazz.
Coming back to the Honda HR-V, even in global markets, the SUV body style is trending among buyers and Honda is looking forward to capitalising on this trend by launching the updated Honda HR-V in the United States automobile market.
Going by the images, the design of the updated Honda HR-V for the US market carries a bit more aggression and sportiness than the outgoing model. Moreover, the bold front grille and sleek headlamps add character to the vehicle.
To induce sportiness in the design, Honda has also incorporated large air intakes and black elements around it. Going as per the trend, the headlamps come with DRLs, making them look a bit sharper and contemporary.
Moving to the sides, the upcoming updatedHonda HR-V seems to have gained a bit of bulk and the strong shoulder line towards the rear add a lot of sporty vibe to the overall design.
On the back side, the taillights look a bit sharper, whereas the rear bumper has been reprofiled and given a body-coloured rear skid plate.
We still cannot comment about the interior of the Honda HR-V as Honda is yet to release the interior images or sketches. However, we believe the upcoming Honda HR-V will sport a typical Honda interior with plenty of storage spaces and a slightly driver-focussed cabin.
According to rumours, this new Honda HR-V will be primarily designed for the US market and the rest of the markets will continue with the current model.
However, if any market demands an update for the Honda HR-V, Honda is most likely to use this update there to reduce development costs.
Thoughts About Honda HR-V
The Honda HR-V has always been a decent and practical 5-seater SUV for a small family. The new update brings a lot more style to this equation and adds a bit more desirability.
Since Honda lacks SUV in the Indian market, it seems ideal for Honda to launch this variant of the Honda HR-V in India. The lack of SUVs in Honda's product portfolio is clearly visible as the sales have dwindled down over the years.
We think it is high time for Honda to introduce an SUV like HR-V in the Indian market even if the company is making less profit than other cars in its product portfolio.