- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 21 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- News Madhya Pradesh: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s museum in Jabalpur central jail barracks opened for public
- Technology WhatsApp Working On New Feature To Transfer Chats From Android Phone To New iPhone
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
MG Astor receives its first price hike after its launch in October 2021. MG Motor India launched the MG Astor with a starting price of Rs 9.78 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Now, MG Motor India has hiked the price of the Astor SUV in India up to Rs 35,000. At present, the MG Astor price starts from Rs 9.98 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base 'Style' variant and goes all the way up to Rs 17.73 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the top-end 'Savvy' variant equipped with the 1.3-litre turbocharged engine.
The MG Astor 'Style' variant is the base model and this model received the least price hike of Rs 20,000. Whereas the 'Super MT' and 'Sharp AT Turbo' received a price hike of Rs 22,000, these two variants now cost Rs 11.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and Rs 17.00 lakh (ex-showroom, India), respectively.
On the other hand, variants such as 'Super CVT', 'Smart MT', 'Smart CVT', 'Smart AT Turbo', 'Sharp MT' and 'Sharp CVT' received a price hike of Rs 30,000. However, it is the top-end 'Savvy' variants of the MG Astor SUV that received the highest price hike of Rs 35,000.
Though MG Motor India has hiked the price of the MG Astor SUV in India, the price tag is still aggressive compared to its rivals. Despite the aggressive pricing, MG Motor has not skipped any safety features on the MG Astor SUV to cut down the production cost.
MG Astor SUV comes with safety features such as 6 airbags, ESC, ABS, Hill Hold Control (HHC), Hill Descent Control (HDC), Emergency Stop Signal (ESS), four-disc brakes, parking sensors, speed-sensing door locks, security alarm, ISOFIX child seats, impact sensing auto door unlock, engine immobilizer, and many more.
Speaking about the MG Astor SUV, the new MG Astor carries a similar silhouette as the all-electric MG ZS EV. However, designers at MG Motor have played with a few elements to make it look different, such as the sleeker-looking Full LED HawkEye projector headlamps, reprofiled front and rear bumpers, large hexagonal grille, faux exhaust pipes, new taillamps and a few more.
Inside, the MG Astor sports a dual-tone dashboard, a large touchscreen infotainment system, AI personal assistant, a new conventional gear selector instead of the rotary-type drive selector and a few more.
Feature-wise, even the base 'Style' variant comes loaded with features such as LED projector headlights, LED DRLs, chrome-tipped tailpipes, chrome window lines, leather layered dashboard, a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment screen, shark fin antenna, 3 steering modes, tilt-adjustable steering, keyless entry, power windows, electrically operated ORVMs, follow me home headlamps, rear armrest, 60-40 split rear seat, height-adjustable driver seat, rear AC vents, Air Purifier with PM 2.5 filter and many more.
While the top-end variants of the MG Astor come with features such as AI personal assistant, a panoramic sunroof, a 7-inch digital instrument cluster, ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System), a 360-degree surround-view camera, 6-way power-adjustable driver's seat, electronic parking brake, Blind Spot Monitor, and many more.
Thanks to the inclusion of ADAS, the MG Astor is also the first SUV in its segment to offer a semi-autonomous driving experience. ADAS comprises advanced driving aids such as lane keep assist, lane departure warning, collision warning, driver alert, blind-spot detection, rear cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, and a few more.
Powering the MG Astor is a choice of two petrol engines. The 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine puts out 108.5bhp and 144Nm of torque, whereas the turbocharged 1.3-litre petrol engine pushes 138bhp and 220Nm of torque.
This 1.5-litre engine can be specified with either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a more sophisticated 8-speed CVT gearbox. On the other hand, the 1.3-litre turbocharged engine will be solely mated to a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About MG Astor
The MG Astor is one of the most feature-packed SUVs in the country. Despite the price hike, the MG Astor still carries an aggressive price tag and offers features that are not even present in cars twice its price.