- 6 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 10 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Movies Makers Of Janhit Mein Jaari Have Been Approached For The Regional Remake Rights Of The Social-comedy
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
German luxury carmaker Mercedes has revealed the Vision AMG concept vehicle. The Mercedes Vision AMG previews the electric future of the Mercedes-AMG brand.
Mercedes Vision AMG Platform & Powertrain
The all-new Vision AMG sits on a brand new AMG.EA electric vehicle platform designed solely for the AMG division's upcoming high performance EVs. Cars based on the new AMG.EA platform will start arriving in the year 2025.
The new Mercedes Vision AMG is powered by the axial flux motors developed by the German luxury carmaker's YASA subsidiary that was acquired last year. The axial flux motor was first seen on Mercedes EQXX concept that recently completed a 1,000 kilometre journey from Sindelfingen, Germany to the French port town of Cassis on a single charge of its 100kWh battery pack.
No performance figures have been revealed with regards to the new Vision AMG concept. However, reports suggest that the new Vision AMG will help spawn a series of high performance cars from AMG with some reports suggesting power could very well be close to the four figure mark.
Speaking about the new Vision AMG concept, Philipp Schiemer, CEO of Mercedes-AMG GmbH said, "AMG is reinventing itself. As was once the case with our founding fathers, there has been an amazing feeling of new beginnings here in Affalterbach for quite some time now. The course has been well and truly set for an electrified future, and we've set the bar high. That's because our customers expect something very special from all-electric cars. We have already well and truly proven our expertise in this regard with the SLS AMG Electric Drive, our own E PERFORMANCE hybrid technology and the first Mercedes-EQ derivatives. With this study, we are now offering a first glimpse of how we are transferring the AMG DNA into the all‑electric future, starting in 2025. Gorden and his team are pointing the way from a visual perspective with this extraordinary design. At AMG, we have always stood for that extra shot of emotion, driving fun, handling, ingenious aerodynamic features and other innovative solutions. And that's what we continue to stand for with our first BEV developed entirely in Affalterbach. We're developing everything from scratch, from the dedicated AMG.EA platform to the revolutionary drivetrain technology with which we will take performance electric mobility to a whole new level."
Mercedes Vision AMG Design & Features
The Mercedes Vision AMG concept features a design inspired by the Vision EQXX concept but taken to a whole new level. The Vision AMG concept is a four door, electric supercar and it features a heavily raked windscreen, a long flowing roof that curves into the long tail section of the concept vehicle.
At the front, the AMG-specific grille with the performance marque's signature vertical slats. However, the grille has been blanked off due to the lower cooling requirements of EVs and to reduce drag.
Other design features include the Mercedes 3-pointed star style headlamps, digital wing mirrors (cameras for those who hate marketing spiel) and flared wheel arches that play host to large alloy wheels with aerodynamic bits added on as standard for a better drag coefficient.
The windows, the roof and the body of the Vision AMG concept are painted in silver and there are blue accents all around that are a nod to Petronas, the main title sponsor of the Mercedes-AMG F1 team. Also in another nod the F1 team the rear section of the electric concept sports car features a star pattern livery.
The rear end of the concept features the active rear spoiler, a part of the active aero package of the concept car, which deploys when the car is at higher speeds to provide more downforce. The rear also sports a rather large diffuser element along with what appear to be six tail lights.
Thoughts On the Mercedes Vision AMG
The Mercedes Vision AMG is a look at what is going on in the minds of the power loving loons at AMG with regards to the future. If the production cars turn out to be anywhere close to this mad concept, the Porsche Taycan could soon have some rather bonkers competition.