- 18 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio N Prices Hiked Up To Rs 1 Lakh – Base Variant Now Costs Rs 12.74 Lakh
- 1 day ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Cross 59,000 Units – More Than 890 Per Cent Growth Achieved
- 1 day ago Toyota Land Cruiser 300 Deliveries Commence In India – Costs Rs 2.17 Crore
- 1 day ago Citroen eC3 First Drive Review - Electric Chic For The Masses
- Sports India willing to host Sudirman Cup 2023 if China fails to do it, says BAI secretary general Sanjay Mishra
- Lifestyle Anita Moorjani: How She Fought With Cancer, And Died, To Return To Her Body, Fully Cured
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Is Ankit Gupta MISSING Priyanka Choudhary? Fans Wonder As Junooniyatt Actor Shares Cryptic Post
- News Why 'Parakram Diwas' is celebrated on Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose's Jayanti?
- Education Let us bring Netaji's remains back home: Anita Bose Pfaff, Netaji's only child
- Finance KTM Boss Says Scope of Electric Mobility Highly Overrated
- Travel Republic Day Parade 2023- How to Book Tickets
- Technology Redmi 10 Power vs Redmi 10 Prime: Xiaomi's Mid-range Smartphones Compared
German luxury car manufacturer Mercedes has launched the GLB SUV in India. Prices for the Mercedes GLB start at Rs 63.8 lakh (introductory, ex-showroom).
The all-new Mercedes GLB seven-seater luxury SUV is offered in three trim levels (one petrol and 2 diesels) in India. The Mercedes GLB 200 (petrol) is priced at Rs 63.8 lakhs while the two diesel models GLB 220D and GLB 220D 4M command price tags of Rs 66.8 lakhs and 69.8 Lakhs respectively (all prices mentioned are introductory and ex-showroom).
The Mercedes GLB 200 draws power from a 1.3-litre turbocharged inline 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces 161bhp at 5,500rpm and 250Nm of peak torque between 1,620 and 4,000rpm.
The GLB 200's engine sends power to the front wheels via a 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission. The Mercedes GLB 200 sprints from 0-100km/h in 9.1 seconds and has a top speed of 207km/h.
The two diesel models - GLB 220D & GLB 220D 4M - draw power from a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine that cranks out 188bhp at 3,800rpm and 400Nm of peak torque between 1,600 and 2,400rpm.
The diesel variants of the GLB are offered with an 8-speed dual clutch transmission that sends power to the front wheels in the 220D and all four wheels in the 220D 4M. The GLB 220D 4M sprints from 0-100km/h in 7.6 seconds and has a top speed of 217km/h.
The design of the GLB is quite distinct with its boxy shape and the 7-seater layout on the inside. The GLB is the second seven-seater offering from Mercedes in India after the GLS.
At the front, the grille with the large Mercedes bade is flanked on either side by slightly inset headlights with two sets of integrated LED DRLs. Also seen is a large central air dam section on the front bumper flanked on both sides with more air intakes.
The sides of the GLB feature some rather distinct alloy wheels and body coloured ORVMS with integrated turn signals. The rear section of the GLB features a set of wraparound rectangular LED combination lamps and what appear to be a set of exhausts poking out of the sides of the rear bumper.
The interiors of the Mercedes feature a three-row layout thought the third row is best left for kids. The multi-layer dash features all the Merc interior design highlights including twin 10.25-inch displays for the instrumentation and the infotainment, turbine style air vents, and a flat bottomed steering wheel among others.
Other features include multiple 7 airbags, active brake assist, multiple USB-C charging ports, a wireless charger for your devices and a panoramic sunroof. The boot is tiny at 130 litres, but can be expanded to 500 litres by folding down the third row of seats.
Thoughts On The Mercedes GLB
The Mercedes GLB is currently being imported into India as a CBU which is the reason for the hefty price tag. However, the new GLB will occupy the space vacated by the outgoing GLC which will return in a more expensive avatar next year. This should make the new Mercedes GLB a rather attractive offering for the luxury market especially with its 7 seats.