- 24 min ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 2 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launch This Month – Bookings Already Open
- 24 hrs ago 2023 BMW S 1000 RR Showcased At IBW 2022 – Launch On December 10
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Large Cap Banking Stock, Shares Can Surge Up To 24%, Says Motilal Oswal
- News J&K: As credentials of PM Package employees goes public, time to look at the rot in the system
- Technology Vanilla Apple iPhone 15 Could Get Dynamic Island, 48MP Camera: What Else To Expect?
- Education CLAT 2023 Admit Card will be Out Tomorrow; Know How to Download
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: How 'Mad' Mehidy and friend Mustafizur guided Bangla to 1-wicket win
- Movies Urfi Javed Exposes A Group Of Teenagers Making Abusing Calls, Says Will File Police Complaint
- Lifestyle Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
German luxury carmaker Mercedes has launched the EQS 580 EV in India. The locally assembled Mercedes EQS 580 4Matic is priced at Rs 1.55 Crore (ex-showroom).
Mercedes EQS 580 Specs, Range, Charging Speed & Dimensions
The Mercedes EQS 580 sports a massive 107.8kWh (usable) battery pack that powers two electric motors - one on each axle. The combined output of these two motors equates to 516bhp and 855Nm which propels the EQS 580 from 0-100km/h in 4.3 seconds and onwards to a top speed of 210km/h.
The Mercedes EQS 580's massive battery pack delivers a WLTP certified range of 676 kilometres (857km as per ARAI) on a single charge thanks to the electric's sedan's coefficient of drag of just 0.20, which is the lowest in the world for a production car.
The Mercedes EQS's battery pack supports DC fast charging at speeds of up to 200kW. When plugged in to a 200kW DC fast charger, the EQS will charge its battery pack from 10 to 80 per cent in just 31 minutes. When plugged into a 7.4kW AC charging box at home The massive battery pack of the EQS takes 15 hours and 30 minutes to go from 10 to 100 per cent. Connecting to a faster charging 11kW AC box reduces that time down to 10 hours.
The Mercedes EQS sedan was the first car from its EQ electric sub brand to be based on the carmaker's bespoke large EV platform dubbed EVA. The Mercedes EQS electric sedan is 5,216mm long, 1,926mm wide and 1,512mm tall. The wheelbase of the EQS is 3,210mm long and the electric sedan weighs in at 2,585 kilogrammes.
The Mercedes EQS sports a four-link suspension setup at the front and a multi-link arrangement at the rear which Mercedes claims is closely related to the setup found on the S-Class. The Mercedes EQS features adaptive air suspension. This air suspension setup will automatically adjust its settings depending on which driving mode - Eco, Comfort, Sport and Individual. The EQS will also drop its ride height when speeds go over 120km/h.
Mercedes EQS Design & Features
The Mercedes EQS has a very streamlined look to it, something certain people may consider a bit boring. However, that ultra smooth bodywork is what gives the EQS 580 its world beating coefficient of drag value of 0.20.
Up front, the grille has been sealed off and it sports a large three-pointed Mercedes logo in its centre. The psuedo grille is flanked on either side by angular LED headlights connected to each other by a LED light bar that runs above the grille section. The front bumper features a large central air intake to help keep the internals cool.
The Mercedes EQS 580 rides on 20-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels that are painted in a high sheen finish black colour and are shod with 255/45 R 20 tyres.
The rear section of the EQS is dominated by the large light bar style taillights with the boot lid sporting a large Mercedes three-pointed star badge.
Step inside the Mercedes EQS 580 and you'll be greeted by the massive 56-inch Hyperscreen display that stretches across the entire length of the dash. This Hyperscreen actually consists of three displays - a 12.3-inch driver display, a 17.7-inch central infotainment display and another 12.3-inch display for the front passenger. The hyperscreen setup features Merc's latest MBUX setup and offers connectivity options like Android auto and Apple CarPlay.
The EQS's interior comes trimmed in Nappa leather and there are wood trim on the dash and other sections of the sedan. Other features on the new EQS include a 7-inch tablet at the rear that allows those at the back to control the MBUX system, a Burmester surround sound system, ambient lighting, Merc's Air Balance setup of an air ioniser and fragrance diffuser along with other features like wireless phone charging pad, electrically adjustable and massaging seats, multi-zone climate control and more.
The Mercedes EQS sports a massive 610-litre boot which can be expanded to 1,770 litres by folding down the rear seats. The EQS 580 is available in five colour options - Obsidian Black, Graphite Grey, Diamond White Bright, Sodalite Blue and High-tec Silver.
Thoughts About The Mercedes EQS 580
The Mercedes EQS 580 is the first locally assembled EV from the German marque for the Indian market. With its massive battery pack and streamlined body, the EQS 580 offers range levels that ensure absolute calmness in the lap of electric luxury.