- 3 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- 20 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Finance 5 Stocks That Suffer Steepest Fall Of Up To 86% From 52-Week High
- Sports Women's Asia Cup: India Women vs Sri Lanka Women: Award Winners, Player Of The Match, Post-Match Presentation
- News Uttar Pradesh gears up for its fourth tiger reserve in Chitrakoot
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Promo: Host Insults Adi Reddy Over Surya's Negligent Behaviour In Throwing Food!
- Lifestyle Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Maruti Suzuki has finally launched the CNG version of the Swift hatchback in India at Rs 7.77 lakh (ex-showroom, India). In addition to that, the Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG comes in two variants - VXi and ZXi.
The 'ZXi' variant is the top-end variant available in the new Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG line up and this variant costs Rs 8.45 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
In addition to this, Maruti Suzuki has also introduced an all-inclusive subscription program for the new Maruti Suzuki Swift hatchback. Moreover, the subscription plans for the new Maruti Suzuki Swift start from just Rs 16,499.
"After enthralling over 26 lakh Swift lovers with its performance, styling and road presence, Swift is now available with S-CNG to delight customers with its incredible fuel efficiency of 30.90 Km/kg. This will be the 9th model in our portfolio with CNG offering, strengthening our commitment to a cleaner and greener environment," said Mr Shashank Srivastava, Senior Executive Officer (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India.
With the launch of the CNG version of the Maruti Suzuki Swift hatchback, the Indo-Japanese automaker has added one more model to its CNG portfolio consisting of vehicles such as Alto, Celerio, WagonR, Eeco, Dzire, Ertiga, and Tour S.
Powering the Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG is a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder, Dual Jet Dual VVT, naturally-aspirated petrol engine. This engine with the CNG fuel produces 76.5bhp of peak power at 6,000rpm, and 98.5Nm of torque at 4,300rpm.
This makes the new Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG the most powerful CNG hatchback currently available in India. However, using petrol as fuel, the same powertrain produces 87.8bhp of peak power and 113Nm of peak torque.
It is also worth mentioning that like all other CNG vehicles in India, the newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG is available only with a 5-speed manual transmission. Also, the newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG is rated to deliver a fuel efficiency figure of 30.90km/kg of CNG fuel.
Maruti Suzuki claims its CNG models feature dual independent Electronic Control Units (ECU) and an intelligent injection system that provides optimum air-fuel ratio for delivering good performance without sacrificing fuel efficiency and vice versa.
Maruti Suzuki has also used stainless steel pipes to avoid rusting. To further improve safety, the wiring harness has been integrated into the newly launched Swift CNG to eliminate the short circuit and the installed microswitch does not let the engine start while refilling the CNG.
Moreover, the feature list in the newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG is identical to the standard model with features such as a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, powered ORVMs, steering mounted audio controls, height-adjustable driver's seat, alloy wheels, LED headlamps with LED DRLs, and much more.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG
The newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG will definitely grab the attention of many potential car buyers in the country and we expect a good number of these potential buyers to book the CNG variant of the Swift hatchback.