- 3 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- 20 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- News How 5G launch in India will benefit health sector?
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Finance 5 Stocks That Suffer Steepest Fall Of Up To 86% From 52-Week High
- Sports Women's Asia Cup: India Women vs Sri Lanka Women: Award Winners, Player Of The Match, Post-Match Presentation
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Promo: Host Insults Adi Reddy Over Surya's Negligent Behaviour In Throwing Food!
- Lifestyle Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Ahead of the launch of the much-awaited CNG version of the third-generation Maruti Suzuki Swift, a few Maruti Suzuki dealers have already started taking unofficial bookings for the upcoming CNG hatchback.
Interestingly, the booking amount for the unofficial bookings for the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG is capped at Rs 11,000, which is similar to that of the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback.
While Maruti Suzuki Swift is still one of the best-selling hatchbacks in the country with consistent MoM sales figures, the Indoo-Japanese automaker is looking forward to further expanding its market share in the country by launching the CNG version of the Maruti Suzuki Swift hatchback.
That being said, the demand for CNG vehicles has been growing steadily in the country as it is not only ar more affordable than petrol or diesel engines, but engines running on CNG produce far less pollution and deliver much better fuel efficiency as well.
The outgoing iteration of the Maruti Suzuki Swift is powered by a 1.2-litre, DualJet, naturally-aspirated petrol engine. This new Dual-Jet petrol engine produces 89bhp of peak power and 113Nm of peak torque. Moreover, this engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission as standard. However urban dwellers can opt for a 5-speed Auto Gearshift Transmission (AGS) for added convenience.
Maruti Suzuki Swift also offers class-leading fuel efficiency figures of 23.20km/l for the variants equipped with manual transmission and 23.76km/l for the variants equipped with the AGS unit.
It is also worth mentioning that the Maruti Suzuki Dzire comes with CNG compatible powertrain with the same 1.2-litre petrol engine. This engine produces 76bhp of power and 98Nm of torque while running on CNG fuel, whereas this engine produces 82bhp of power and 113Nm of torque while using petrol as fuel.
However, the CNG variant comes with 5-speed manual transmission only. Also, we expect a fuel efficiency figure of around 32km/kg of CNG on the upcoming new Swift CNG.
Moreover, Maruti Suzuki Swift comes with features such as a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, powered ORVMs, steering-mounted audio controls, height-adjustable driver's seat, LED headlamps with LED DRLs, and much more.
Recently, the upcoming fourth-generation Suzuki Swift has been spied testing in Europe. However, this model may take up to a year since its international launch to reach Indian shores.
Visually, the upcoming fourth generation of the Suzuki Swift seems a lot more mature in its design with a flatter bonnet and nose section. Moreover, the wheelbase seems to have been slightly stretched as well to improve interior space and high-speed stability as well.
In terms of features, we expect the fourth-generation Suzuki Swift to come packed with a long list of features and advanced safety systems. We expect feature list to mimic the newly launched Maruti Suzuki Baleno with features such as a 360-degree surround-view camera, heads-up display, rear AC vents, 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, and a few more as well.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG
The upcoming Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG is likely to boost the sales of the manufacturer by a decent margin. Moreover, we expect this model to be launched ahead of the upcoming festive season in the country.